Possible explanation for strange event

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

Hi David

I think I now have a clue about this mysterious event. As mentioned,
the images were simply falling apart. Earlier today I remember noticing
that MSG-manager had disappeared from the screen. I had not actually
switched it off - you cannot do this by accident. After checking, I
started it up again and left it. Later I noticed the holes. Perhaps
somehow there was a second copy running unseen and therefore deleting
the files.

I reset the processing computer a short time ago, after leaving the
receive computer to accumulate files, and all now appears normal.

Phew!

Lawrence

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I reset the processing computer a short time ago, after leaving the
receive computer to accumulate files, and all now appears normal.

Phew!

Lawrence
Running two file eaters is not recommended! Maybe I need to code
against this?

Do you think this may have been the cause of your problems in the
past?

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

Running two file eaters is not recommended! Maybe I need to code
against this?

Do you think this may have been the cause of your problems in the
past?

Cheers,
The interesting factor was the invisible running of MSG-1. I have seen
this before with another program that would not 'reload'. On that
occasion the program was not shown as active in Task manager, although
it identified that another version was running, so a computer restart
was needed to clear the memory. Although all is back to normal now, I
still get missing segments. I am ready to spend time following this
through, but I have to clear the Christmas article deadlines first, and
shake off this bad cold!

best to all.

Lawrence

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

The interesting factor was the invisible running of MSG-1.
Lawrence,

The next version of the program will warn you if you try and run two
copies, although it will not prevent you from doing so.