pity

Ferdinand Valk

As it turns out, precisely the "perfect" HiRes Sentinel 1 slot of December
14 that should bring both South Georgia and A68 into one frame is missing on
the Copernicus hub. Maybe delayed in distribution, but strange nonetheless.

Ferdinand

Ernst Lobsiger

Ferdinand,

this should be the next good (+6 days) from December 9th:

S1B_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20201209T072535_20201209T072635_024622_02ED88_4503.zip

so expect Sentinel-1A today (might be already on the hub, have not checked yet). Meanwhile
have a look at the wonderful image of Sentinel-3B from yesterday. I have not many of those.

Ferdinand Valk

That is indeed a very good one Ernst.

Using ‘true_color’ instead of ‘ocean_color’ brings the image out a bit better still.

Cheers,

Ferdinand

this should be the next good (+6 days) from December 9th:

S1B_EW_GRDM_1SDH_20201209T072535_20201209T072635_024622_02ED88_4503.zip

so expect Sentinel-1A today (might be already on the hub, have not checked yet). Meanwhile
have a look at the wonderful image of Sentinel-3B from yesterday. I have not many of those.

Ferdinand,

yes, very nice too. Maybe you want to change the receiver string in the code. Or do you run a TBS-6909X under Windows 10 already ... :-).
I have now a couple of new scripts including MultiScene stacking images of Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B for better daily coverage. I hope
to issue them all as a package in a Version 2.0 of the Pytroll/Satpy HOWTO towards the end of the year (@Graham, you will have to wait too...).

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

It will be a nice Xmas present

Regards

Graham

Ferdinand Valk

Yes Ernst, the TBS 6903 runs under Windows 10 on a separate PC and I have the code pointing to the network address. The 6903 hasn’t failed me yet, so there was no reason to switch-over to an update newer version. When more transponders will become a reality I’ll probably be upgrading.

It will be a good break of lockdown routine when the HowTo V2.0 will see the light! I’m looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Ferdinand

yes, very nice too. Maybe you want to change the receiver string in the code. Or do you run a TBS-6909X under Windows 10 already ... :-).
I have now a couple of new scripts including MultiScene stacking images of Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B for better daily coverage. I hope
to issue them all as a package in a Version 2.0 of the Pytroll/Satpy HOWTO towards the end of the year (@Graham, you will have to wait too...).

//

Ferdinand Valk

Ernst,

I just noticed that I totally misread what you meant. You referred to the legend at left and not the receiver path. Changed it now altogether to <attached>.

:-)