Topics

Pid Prob resolved

Paul Telco <paul@...>

David,

I took the LRIT PID out to reduce hard drive usage on my receive PC. That explains why FSD also stopped.

Many Thanks,

Paul

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Paul Telco <paul@t...> wrote:
David,

I took the LRIT PID out to reduce hard drive usage on my receive
PC. That explains why FSD also stopped.

Many Thanks,

Paul
OK, that makes sense.

Presumably, what you were trying to achieve was to get the FSD, but
not the unwanted LRIT data from MSG-1? There doesn't seem to be a
way of achieving that with the present Data Channel organisation,
does there? If there were more sub-division of the data channels,
then you could do that....

But, I did think that the MSG Data Manager would delete the LRIT
data from the Receiver PC even if you didn't process it, so I don't
quite understand what you were trying to do in the first place.

Paul Telco <paul@...>

Hello David,

Presumably, what you were trying to achieve was to get the >FSD, but not the unwanted LRIT data from MSG-1?
Yes exactly. I leave the receiver PC going 24/7 but only run the processor PC when I am at home. (Someone recently called this 'Catch-up Mode') Consequently I have to be careful not to let too many files accumulate in the 'received' folder. Otherwise, using win98 and FAT32 combined with only 7GB of disk space, I get a blue screen of death after about a day.

There doesn't seem to be a way of achieving that with the >present Data Channel organisation, does there? If there >were more sub-division of the data channels, then you could >do that....
That would be perfect. I don't want LRIT but I do want FSD very much.

But, I did think that the MSG Data Manager would delete the >LRIT data from the Receiver PC even if you didn't process it, >so I don't quite understand what you were trying to do in the >first place.
MDM works perfectly in this. It deletes everything it should but as above, I don't always leave MDM going while the receive pc is receiving.

Paul