Topics

Omitting "receive_buffer_size=8000000" from the channels file?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Has anyone tried omitting the "receive_buffer_size=8000000" in the TelliCast cast_client_channels.ini file, and if so, what effects did you observe? Anything in the log files?

Oh, and this may be old ground, but "receive_buffer_size" isn't documented in the TelliCast help, but a "stream_buffer" parameter is. Both appear to be in the executable file.

Thanks,

IIRC we had a discussion  re receive_buffer_size beginning with this post:

https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/message/26902

At that time the default was 4000000. AFAIK the client begins to complain
if it's set too low for HVS (but this may be specific for the GNU/Linux client).
There was a note in TD-15 at that time (didn't check the current version).

IIRC we had a discussion re receive_buffer_size beginning with this post:

https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/message/26902

At that time the default was 4000000. AFAIK the client begins to complain
if it's set too low for HVS (but this may be specific for the GNU/Linux client).
There was a note in TD-15 at that time (didn't check the current version).

Thanks, Ernst. I did find some posts but they didn't help. I've not set things lower than the EUMETSAT suggestion, and I've not seen the client complain. I suspect there is a default value, but that the default may be on the low side for EUMETCast operation. Pity it's not documented in the otherwise thorough Help information!