OLCI ERR and OLCI EFR

Philip Robinson

Hi again
No matter what ever i try i cannot get OLCI EFR and OLCI ERR.
I have permission from EUMETSAT for Copernicus data
I feel as though all my settings are OK
In EUMETCastView, I have selected the Sentinel satellites including SENTINEL-3A and reload segments but theres nothing in OLCI-ERR and OLCI-EFR.
I did read one of Davids articles and ceated in cast-client-channels_hvs.ini two more lines using channels E1H-S3A-01 and E1H-S3A-02.
But I still cannot receive any data
I am not sure what else to try
Philip

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

Sentinel-3A/B OLCI is on HVS-2. If you have an SR1 buy a second one.

Ernst

Cornish Man

Hi

I think OLCI EFR and OLCI ERR is on HVS 2

I capture images from that

Jan

Sent: 06 January 2021 20:50
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: [MSG-1] OLCI ERR and OLCI EFR

Hi again
No matter what ever i try i cannot get OLCI EFR and OLCI ERR.
I have permission from EUMETSAT for Copernicus data
I feel as though all my settings are OK
In EUMETCastView, I have selected the Sentinel satellites including SENTINEL-3A and reload segments but theres nothing in OLCI-ERR and OLCI-EFR.
I did read one of Davids articles and ceated in cast-client-channels_hvs.ini two more lines using channels E1H-S3A-01 and E1H-S3A-02.
But I still cannot receive any data
I am not sure what else to try
Philip

Philip Robinson

Hi
thanks
i will need another SR1 it seems. If i purchased a cable spliiter and cut the cable near the ayeckaSR1, can i then feed to the two sr1. 
 Or would i have to put another cable right back up to the dish for the second SR1...which would be very awkward to do because of the height of the dish on our house wall
regards
Philip

Hugo

Yes you can use one cable and a splitter ... the two transponder frequencies have the same polarization... so no problem.

grts,

Hugo

Philip Robinson

HI
Would it be better to use a tsb-5927 or tsb-5925  card for my hvs-2 data, instead of a second ayeckaSR1 and keep  using the SR1 for bas and hvs-1 data.
Would also splitting the cable impair performance on David Taylors software because of reduced signal strength. I have a 1.2 metre dish and live in Derbyshire.

I notice  also that my GEO purchased Ayecka has 2 rf outputs . After splitting the cable can i use one of the aerial cables in the rf2  for hvs-2 which is unused,and then  put the other aerial cable in rf1 for bas and hvs-1. Thus not needing to purchase another receiver.

Any thoughts please.
thx
regards
Philip
Philip

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

you cannot use an RS1 for two EUMETCast transponders that use VCM. This has been stated many times.
If you have a TBS-5925 you can put that in front of the Ayecka and feed the signal trough without
a splitter (the TBS-5925 has a LOOP output). But both the SR1 and the TBS-5925 use the same first
generation demodulator chip. With a TBS-6903 PCIe card you can receive both transponders with a
single cable. There are a couple of Windows users that do it that way. With the latest HW of the
TBS-6909X you can use up to four transponders of the EUMETCast VCM type with one single cable (as
I have shown under GNU/Linux). I have not yet heard of Windows EUMETCast users that use a TBS-6909X
so it would maybe better to leave this option to a more HW affine person. In the long run with HVS-3
you will almost certainly need more than one cable to your dish and maybe even need a second dish :-(.

Regards,
Ernst

Am 07.01.2021 01:33, schrieb Philip Robinson:

HI
Would it be better to use a tsb-5927 or tsb-5925  card for my hvs-2
data, instead of a second ayeckaSR1 and keep  using the SR1 for bas
and hvs-1 data.
Would also splitting the cable impair performance on David Taylors
software because of reduced signal strength. I have a 1.2 metre dish
and live in Derbyshire.
I notice  also that my GEO purchased Ayecka has 2 rf outputs . After
splitting the cable can i use one of the aerial cables in the rf2  for
hvs-2 which is unused,and then  put the other aerial cable in rf1 for
bas and hvs-1. Thus not needing to purchase another receiver.
Any thoughts please.
thx
regards
Philip
Philip

Philip Robinson

Ernst
Thanks ,thats an excellent explanation. I think the way forward for me is to ditch the Ayecka and use the TBS-6903 PCIecard for bas, hvs-1 and hvs-2,   although i have got used to the Ayecka and its configuration.
The LOOP output sounds interesting though. I presume the link aerial cable exits the TBS-5925 and in to the Ayecka RF2  as the  other empty slot is a mini usb CONTROL .
regards
Philip

Philip Robinson

Hi
Although i am a little confused as i can see Hugo,s post `Yes you can use one cable and a splitter ... the two transponder frequencies have the same polarization... so no problem`.
This of course would make everything a lot easier
regards
Philip

Hugo

Philip,

Yes one cable , and a splitter but you still need two SR1 's ....

grts,

Hugo

Philip Robinson

Hugo
Sorry, i see now
thax
Philip

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 07/01/2021 10:03:25
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] OLCI ERR and OLCI EFR

Philip,

Yes one cable , and a splitter but you still need two SR1 's ....

grts,

Hugo

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

I thought I would try the TBS6909x route but am having a bit of trouble

The TBS Online store wont ship to the UK for some reason but I can get it here

https://www.pciex.net/products/tbs6909-x-dvb-s2-s2x-octa-tuner-pcie-card?variant=12731924217940

Will this one be the same

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 03:44 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
Will this one be the same
Graham,

I don't know. Find out whether the TBS shop does not ship to UK for technical or political reasons.
A technical reason could be that they come out with the "final" design shortly. The shop you link to
shows an image of the very first series V10 from 2017. You should make sure that you really get a
V11 or later *THAT HAS THE 22uF MODIFICATION* I described below. Christian Peters bought a
TBS-6909X last year from the TBS shop and he got a V20 still hand modified with the 22uF cap.

https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/message/30020

Regards,
Ernst

Ernst Lobsiger

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 03:44 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
The TBS Online store wont ship to the UK for some reason
Graham,

I just wanted to make sure you are talking about this shop that doesn't ship to UK.

https://shop.tbsdtv.com/tbs6909x-dvbs2-octa-tuner-pcie-card-p-207.html

Regards,
Ernst

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

Yes thats the one

I get this - see screenshot

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 07:20 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
I get this - see screenshot
Graham,

in the FAQ they say that they deliver worldwide. Maybe you have to pay a little more for a faster delivery service?
Christian Peters can eventually comment. My PCIe samples normally ship directly from the TBS head quarter :-).

Regards,
Ernst

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

Yes thats the problem

They say the ship using DHL and I am quite happy to pay that but I cant see anywhere on the site that allows me to select anything other than standard shipping

If its at the checkout stage then that is a problem because I can never check out because of the shipping issue

Graham

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 07/01/2021 09:52, Philip Robinson wrote:
Ernst
Thanks ,thats an excellent explanation. I think the way forward for me is to ditch the Ayecka and use the TBS-6903 PCIecard for bas, hvs-1 and hvs-2,   although i have got used to the Ayecka and its configuration.
The LOOP output sounds interesting though. I presume the link aerial cable exits the TBS-5925 and in to the Ayecka RF2  as the  other empty slot is a mini usb CONTROL .
regards
Philip
If you have a marginal signal (SNR less that 12 dB), I would suggest using the TBS6903 for HVS-1 and HVS-2, and keep the Ayecka SR1 for BAS only (set the PIDs accordingly). This maximises the chances the BAS not being affected by drop-outs on the HVS1. Info on my Web site or in the EUMETSAT guide.

You can use a single-cable to the TBS6903 as documented by CrazyCat and referenced on my Web site. So providing the signal level is reasonable, a splitter before the SR1 and 6903 may work well. I have seen issues, though, when using the single-cable 6903 solution that it needs a DC path to the antenna/LNB.

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Philip Robinson

David
I have SNR of about 13 db so in your opinion my best choice would be to use a TBS6903 and have the main coaxial cable in to there, and then link this by coaxial cable to the RF1 on the Ayecka SR1. I understand about the PID,s.
This would probably be better than a splitter on the main cable and then the 2 cables, one in to the AyeckaSR1 and one in the TBS6903.
I think i have understood it right
regards
Philip

------ Original Message ------
From: "David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io" <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Sent: 07/01/2021 16:27:55
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] OLCI ERR and OLCI EFR

On 07/01/2021 09:52, Philip Robinson wrote:
Ernst
Thanks ,thats an excellent explanation. I think the way forward for me is to ditch the Ayecka and use the TBS-6903 PCIecard for bas, hvs-1 and hvs-2, although i have got used to the Ayecka and its configuration.
The LOOP output sounds interesting though. I presume the link aerial cable exits the TBS-5925 and in to the Ayecka RF2 as the other empty slot is a mini usb CONTROL .
regards
Philip
If you have a marginal signal (SNR less that 12 dB), I would suggest using the TBS6903 for HVS-1 and HVS-2, and keep the Ayecka SR1 for BAS only (set the PIDs accordingly). This maximises the chances the BAS not being affected by drop-outs on the HVS1. Info on my Web site or in the EUMETSAT guide.

You can use a single-cable to the TBS6903 as documented by CrazyCat and referenced on my Web site. So providing the signal level is reasonable, a splitter before the SR1 and 6903 may work well. I have seen issues, though, when using the single-cable 6903 solution that it needs a DC path to the antenna/LNB.

Cheers,
David
-- SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Ernst Lobsiger

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 07:42 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
If its at the checkout stage then that is a problem because I can never check out because of the shipping issue
Graham,

if this explanation does not help or work, contact them directly.

https://shop.tbsdtv.com/how-much-is-shipping-f-27.html

Ernst