OLCI ERR and OLCI EFR

Philip Robinson

Hi again
No matter what ever i try i cannot get OLCI EFR and OLCI ERR.
I have permission from EUMETSAT for Copernicus data
I feel as though all my settings are OK
In EUMETCastView, I have selected the Sentinel satellites including SENTINEL-3A and reload segments but theres nothing in OLCI-ERR and OLCI-EFR.
I did read one of Davids articles and ceated in cast-client-channels_hvs.ini two more lines using channels E1H-S3A-01 and E1H-S3A-02.
But I still cannot receive any data
I am not sure what else to try
Philip

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

Sentinel-3A/B OLCI is on HVS-2. If you have an SR1 buy a second one.

Ernst

Cornish Man

Hi

I think OLCI EFR and OLCI ERR is on HVS 2

I capture images from that

Jan

No matter what ever i try i cannot get OLCI EFR and OLCI ERR.
I have permission from EUMETSAT for Copernicus data
I feel as though all my settings are OK
In EUMETCastView, I have selected the Sentinel satellites including SENTINEL-3A and reload segments but theres nothing in OLCI-ERR and OLCI-EFR.
I did read one of Davids articles and ceated in cast-client-channels_hvs.ini two more lines using channels E1H-S3A-01 and E1H-S3A-02.
But I still cannot receive any data
I am not sure what else to try
Philip

Philip Robinson

Hi
thanks
i will need another SR1 it seems. If i purchased a cable spliiter and cut the cable near the ayeckaSR1, can i then feed to the two sr1.
 Or would i have to put another cable right back up to the dish for the second SR1...which would be very awkward to do because of the height of the dish on our house wall
regards
Philip

Hugo

Yes you can use one cable and a splitter ... the two transponder frequencies have the same polarization... so no problem.

grts,

Hugo

Philip Robinson

HI
Would it be better to use a tsb-5927 or tsb-5925  card for my hvs-2 data, instead of a second ayeckaSR1 and keep  using the SR1 for bas and hvs-1 data.
Would also splitting the cable impair performance on David Taylors software because of reduced signal strength. I have a 1.2 metre dish and live in Derbyshire.

I notice  also that my GEO purchased Ayecka has 2 rf outputs . After splitting the cable can i use one of the aerial cables in the rf2  for hvs-2 which is unused,and then  put the other aerial cable in rf1 for bas and hvs-1. Thus not needing to purchase another receiver.

Any thoughts please.
thx
regards
Philip
Philip

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

you cannot use an RS1 for two EUMETCast transponders that use VCM. This has been stated many times.
If you have a TBS-5925 you can put that in front of the Ayecka and feed the signal trough without
a splitter (the TBS-5925 has a LOOP output). But both the SR1 and the TBS-5925 use the same first
generation demodulator chip. With a TBS-6903 PCIe card you can receive both transponders with a
single cable. There are a couple of Windows users that do it that way. With the latest HW of the
TBS-6909X you can use up to four transponders of the EUMETCast VCM type with one single cable (as
I have shown under GNU/Linux). I have not yet heard of Windows EUMETCast users that use a TBS-6909X
so it would maybe better to leave this option to a more HW affine person. In the long run with HVS-3
you will almost certainly need more than one cable to your dish and maybe even need a second dish :-(.

Am 07.01.2021 01:33, schrieb Philip Robinson:

[...]

Thanks ,thats an excellent explanation. I think the way forward for me is to ditch the Ayecka and use the TBS-6903 PCIecard for bas, hvs-1 and hvs-2,   although i have got used to the Ayecka and its configuration.
The LOOP output sounds interesting though. I presume the link aerial cable exits the TBS-5925 and in to the Ayecka RF2  as the  other empty slot is a mini usb CONTROL .
regards
Philip

Philip Robinson

Hi
Although i am a little confused as i can see Hugo,s post `Yes you can use one cable and a splitter ... the two transponder frequencies have the same polarization... so no problem`.
This of course would make everything a lot easier
regards
Philip

Hugo

Philip,

Yes one cable , and a splitter but you still need two SR1 's ....

grts,

Hugo

Philip Robinson

Hugo