not connecting to HVS-2 announcement channel

Philip Robinson

Hi,
I have sorted all problems apart from this one, i have rephrased it  in this new topic
When connecting to HVS-2 i have the error message cannot connect to announcement channel 224.223.223.223:4711.

I have the correct address for the announcement channel in the cast-client_hvs-2.ini, 224.223.224.223:4711.  I cannot understand that  when i connect to HVS-2 it will not use this announcement address.

Has anyone had this problem. i am sorry to be such a pest with this one, but i am really out of ideas.
thanks
Philip

Philip Robinson

This screenshot shows what i mean
Philip

Douglas Deans

*
*Has anyone had this problem. i am sorry to be such a pest with this one, but i am really out of ideas.
thanks
Philip

Philip, not sure if you are running 2 sets of BDADataEx and it is a while since I did that but remember if you are you must have 2 different IP addresses for each one. For example 192.168.238.238 for one and 192.168.238.239 for the other.
Apologies if I have missed that you are already doing that.

Philip Robinson

Douglas
Thx for the reply I have just 1 set of BDADataEx 192.168.238.238
What i am really finding puzzling is why tellicast will not acknowledge the announcement address 224.223.224.223:4711 that i have set in the cast-client_hvs-2.ini , and keeps wanting to use 224.223.223.223:4711 and then of course will not connect to the announcement channel.
thanks
Philip

[...]

https://www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

I have now managed to get tellicast to recognise the announcement address for HVS-2 224.223.224.223:4711    and i still cannot connect to the announcement channel and commenting bad interface address. i am sure that is the correct address as i took it from Eumetsats channels identifier  page.
Philip

Philip Robinson

Good morning
I thought i would give it a go again this morning  sometimes a fresh head helps. Unfortunately it hasnt.  I have put a screenshot of the relevant settings, but i cannot see whats wrong causing a yellow icon on hvs-2.

the information not on there is that BDADataExv1.1.4.9  has a Quality at 87% and Level at 97% with green Lock

May be Crazycat or someone might kindly have a look at the settings

thanks
frustrated Philip

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 15/08/2021 09:37, Philip Robinson wrote:
Good morning
I thought i would give it a go again this morning sometimes a fresh head helps. Unfortunately it hasnt.  I have put a screenshot of the relevant settings, but i cannot see whats wrong causing a yellow icon on hvs-2.
the information not on there is that BDADataExv1.1.4.9  has a Quality at 87% and Level at 97% with green Lock
May be Crazycat or someone might kindly have a look at the settings
thanks
frustrated Philip
Philip,

The HTTP error is caused by having two instances running - well, trying to run - with the same server port number. Look here:

BAS version:
[shell]
login=none
port=8100
graphic_port=8200
refresh=3

HVS-1 version:
[shell]
login=none
port=9100
graphic_port=9200
refresh=3

Likely your TelliCast is running, and you tired to start a new instance without stopping the working one.

Philip Robinson

David
thanks for the reply .
I have definitely only the 3 Tellicast running for bas, hvs-1,hvs-2
....and as from the screenshot attached they all have different ports.
But i do agree theres something clashing but where!!
thanks
Philip

[...]

-- SatSignal Software - Quality software for you

https://www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

David
and heres  a screenshot showing the 3 ports 8100, 8200 and 8202.
8202 is the port i have set in cast-client_hvs-2.ini
thanks
Philip

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 10:18 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:
[...]

sorry screenshot didnt work, trying again
philip

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 15/08/2021 18:17, Philip Robinson wrote:
David
thanks for the reply .
I have definitely only the 3 Tellicast running for bas, hvs-1,hvs-2
....and as from the screenshot attached they all have different ports.
But i do agree theres something clashing but where!!
thanks
Philip
Check:

- Task Manager - sure only three?

- Anything else using the port in question, other software?

Philip Robinson

David.
i have tried several ways of checking if any other service is using this port 8202 and in each instance this port is only listening to tc-client.exe PID 7760. Task Manager definitely confirms only 3 Tellicast running and a screenshot to confirm this.
I am really stumped.

thanks
Philip

On 15/08/2021 19:23, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴 🇪🇺 via groups.io wrote:
On 15/08/2021 18:17, Philip Robinson wrote:
David
thanks for the reply .
I have definitely only  the 3 Tellicast running for bas, hvs-1,hvs-2
....and as from the screenshot attached they all have different ports.
But i do agree theres something clashing but where!!
thanks
Philip

Philip just to follow up on my previous mail, I assume that you are not using BDADataEx for your BS/HVS-1 service.
I used to run a 6903 for all 3 services (don't take HVS-2 at the moment) using 2 instances of BDADataEx and it was tricky.
At the moment I use SR1 for BS and 6903 (with BDADataEx) for HVS-1.

Philip Robinson

Douglas
I use BDADataEx for HVS-2 and SR1 for bas and HVS-1. Everything has worked perfectly with that set up for a year but then i had a break from this hobby for 2 months and came back to it again with this problem. HVS-1 and bas works perfectly but i seem to have some sort of clash with the HVS-2 and as a reminder this is the screen shot of the Tellicast log for HVS-2.
thanks
Philip

On 15/08/2021 20:01, Philip Robinson wrote:
Douglas
I use BDADataEx for HVS-2 and SR1 for bas and HVS-1. Everything has
worked perfectly with that set up for a year but then i had a break from
this hobby for 2 months and came back to it again with this problem.
HVS-1 and bas works perfectly but i seem to have some sort of clash with
the HVS-2 and as a reminder this is the screen shot of the Tellicast log
for HVS-2.
thanks
Philip
Philip,

Why not stop the TelliCast instances for BAS and HVS-1, and then try HVS-2 on its own.

Your log shows both port 8201 and 8202 - why?

Philip Robinson

Hi all
SOLVED at last with a big thanks to David Williams, and also a thanks to all who tried to help me out.
The answer as i expected was very simple. It was just finding the problem, that was the difficult bit.
ANSWER
In BDADATAEx i had a tuner frequency for EUMETCastEuropeHS-2 11263.00 MHz   and it should have been 11387.50 MHz.  Instant connection afterwards.
thanks
Philip

Vincenzo Mone

Hi Philip,

I am so happy that you solved your problem.

Please please do not forget if you can to solve my one.

Thanks in advance

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

SOLVED at last with a big thanks to David Williams, and also a thanks to all who tried to help me out.
The answer as i expected was very simple. It was just finding the problem, that was the difficult bit.
ANSWER
In BDADATAEx i had a tuner frequency for EUMETCastEuropeHS-2 11263.00 MHz   and it should have been 11387.50 MHz.  Instant connection afterwards.
thanks
Philip

Dave Williams

Philip, I thought HVS-2 was on 11.378, I have been wrong before.....😕

Dave

G7gqw

[...]

Hi Philip, it may have been 11.3875.........

Dave

G7gqw