Topics

(No subject)

Trevor David <tdavid@...>

Looking at the emails over the last few weeks it appears that there are many more problems with the set up that is beeing attempted. Has any one asked Eumestsat what they are recieving and if the same problems are apparent with them? If we find out they are in the same boat then we can take heart it is not us, but if all is OK with them then....... we are in trouble.

Regards

Trevor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

--- In MSG-1@..., "Trevor David" <tdavid@d...> wrote:
Looking at the emails over the last few weeks it appears that
there are many more problems with the set up that is beeing
attempted. Has any one asked Eumestsat what they are recieving and
if the same problems are apparent with them? If we find out they are
in the same boat then we can take heart it is not us, but if all is
OK with them then....... we are in trouble.

Trevor

EUMETSAT do monitor for missing segments and they run (I understand)
both similar systems to ourselves and Unix-based monitoring
systems. They do see the occasional missing segments (the same that
we all see), but not the very high segment loss that a minority of
this group have reported (I believe). Sorry if this sounds like
guesswork but I am not based in Darmstadt!