(No subject)

Robert Moore

Folks - on a slightly different topic from normal: are we yet able fully to
exploit the advantages of MSG-1 over its predecessors? For example, today's HRV
animation shows fascinating cloud movements across Europe and the Eastern
Atlantic (quite beautiful to watch, too). A formless blob moves up over the
Irish Sea and the Welsh coast - how do I know if this is cloud or fog? Actually
I know it's cloud because I can look out of the window - but supposing it was
in the North Sea?
Is anyone working on this kind of question yet - or it premature until EUMETSAT
gives us more info?

Robert

Robert Moore