No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

Since some days i recognized a strange effect:

The dark (not scanned) area moves every day little bit to north.

The weeks before i got a full picture of Austria.

The pictures were captured every Day at 11:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC with the same content.

Regards

Hartmut

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 05:29 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:

The dark (not scanned) area moves every day little bit to north.

The weeks before i got a full picture of Austria.

The pictures were captured every Day at 11:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC with the same content.

Regards

Hartmut

Hartmut,

as your MRTG graphs on David's page seem not to be UTC could it be that this started with the change to summer time?
In other words are you sure your image processing is scheduled in UTC? If not just try to make the images one hour later.

Best regards
Ernst

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

No, the time is correct. But I had a little typo, In my last mail: 12:00 UTC instead 11:00 UTC.

The images are captured with UTC+1 regardless of DST.

I started the Job (METOPC)  this time (14:54) again with the same results.

Timestamp of the new pic is 11.4.2021 14:54. (local MESZ).

Any suggestions?

Regards

Hartmut

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 05:29 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:

The dark (not scanned) area moves every day little bit to north.

The weeks before i got a full picture of Austria.

The pictures were captured every Day at 11:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC with the same content.

Regards

Hartmut

Hartmut,

as your MRTG graphs on David's page seem not to be UTC could it be that this started with the change to summer time?
In other words are you sure your image processing is scheduled in UTC? If not just try to make the images one hour later.

Best regards
Ernst

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

Three segments of METOP-C are involved.

METOP-A and METOP-B are O.K.

Regards

Hartmut

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 06:07 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:
I started the Job (METOPC)  this time (14:54) again with the same results.
Hartmut,

sorry of course you should get the same Metop-C image twice. I have no receiver running right now as I have problems with my heat pump and had to move the TC receivers away.
Metop has 3 minutes segments. So if your max. elevation segment found was at 08:23 UTC (middle of the segment) the question is whether you actually got the following segments?
You can check that as the start- and end-time of each segment is in the file name (see header of the python script). The files are either missing (not disseminated or not received) or
they are there but with an all black content. In the latter case you will see segments with an unusually small size in bytes. We had such problems (but) with EARS channels before.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 06:27 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:
Three segments of METOP-C are involved.
Hartmut,

our posts crossed each other. As Metop-C  is heading south can you check that segment 2 and 3 are probably black and much smaller in bytes than 1?
(Assuming your lat/lon is about in the middle of the austria area).

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

Below the affected Files (decompressed):

It seems to me, there is no pic in some files.

Regards

Hartmut

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 07:26 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:
Below the affected Files (decompressed):
Hartmut,

all 3 minutes segments seem to be the same size. You should compare the compressed file sizes. Black images will compress to much smaller sizes than normal images.