Topics

no MSG LRIT images in MDM

Philip Robinson

Hi
I have been updating all my software from David Taylor and have the latest MDM. I am curious that in MDM that i have black screens in the MSG LRIT tab.
I have a working MSG HRIT ,  FY-2H, FY-2G, and Himawari
I have scoured many Q and A and documents but cant find an answer . I have PID 300 enabled in Ayecka.
I was just wondering if the function MSG LRIT can still  be used in MDM
Philip

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 06/01/2021 15:54, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
I have been updating all my software from David Taylor and have the latest MDM. I am curious that in MDM that i have black screens in the MSG LRIT tab.
I have a working MSG HRIT ,  FY-2H, FY-2G, and Himawari
I have scoured many Q and A and documents but cant find an answer . I have PID 300 enabled in Ayecka.
I was just wondering if the function MSG LRIT can still  be used in MDM
Philip
Yes, but LRIT is no longer directly disseminated, and I understand the LRIT FTP service is stopping. In Setup you can simple hide the LRIT tab.

Douglas Deans

On 06/01/2021 15:54, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
I have been updating all my software from David Taylor and have the latest MDM. I am curious that in MDM that i have black screens in the MSG LRIT tab.
I have a working MSG HRIT ,  FY-2H, FY-2G, and Himawari
I have scoured many Q and A and documents but cant find an answer . I have PID 300 enabled in Ayecka.
I was just wondering if the function MSG LRIT can still  be used in MDM
Philip

Philip Meteosat LRIT services were withdrawn many years ago. If you are seeing a LRIT tab it seems you are not using the latest software. Latest software is 3.1.15.1317 although LRIT was withdrawn many updates before that.
Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Douglas.

Douglas Deans

On 06/01/2021 16:17, Douglas Deans via groups.io wrote:
On 06/01/2021 15:54, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
I have been updating all my software from David Taylor and have the latest MDM. I am curious that in MDM that i have black screens in the MSG LRIT tab.
I have a working MSG HRIT ,  FY-2H, FY-2G, and Himawari
I have scoured many Q and A and documents but cant find an answer . I have PID 300 enabled in Ayecka.
I was just wondering if the function MSG LRIT can still  be used in MDM
Philip
Philip Meteosat LRIT services were withdrawn many years ago. If you are seeing a LRIT tab it seems you are not using the latest software. Latest software is 3.1.15.1317 although LRIT was withdrawn many updates before that.
Hope that helps.
Best regards,

Reading David's mail I forgot that the LRIT tab can be hidden. Hence I could not see it. My apologies, but my reference to no LRIT service via Eumetcast for some time is correct.

Philip Robinson

Hi
I meant to add. Does this apply to MTSAT. If so i will hide that to
thax
philip

On 06/01/2021 15:54, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
I have been updating all my software from David Taylor and have the latest MDM. I am curious that in MDM that i have black screens in the MSG LRIT tab.
I have a working MSG HRIT , FY-2H, FY-2G, and Himawari
I have scoured many Q and A and documents but cant find an answer . I have PID 300 enabled in Ayecka.
I was just wondering if the function MSG LRIT can still be used in MDM
Philip

Philip Meteosat LRIT services were withdrawn many years ago. If you are seeing a LRIT tab it seems you are not using the latest software. Latest software is 3.1.15.1317 although LRIT was withdrawn many updates before that.
Hope that helps.

Best regards,

https://www.avg.com

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 06/01/2021 16:28, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
I meant to add. Does this apply to MTSAT. If so i will hide that to
thax
philip
Yes, MTSAT is withdrawn, and it applied to direct MTSAT reception (or file download).

Thanks for your help, Douglas.

Philip Robinson

Hi

Thanks David and Douglas . MDM all set up now.

Philip

Sent from Mail for Windows 10