Topics

no MetOp C data in EPS10 folder

Mario Brustia

Hello everyone sorry for the inconvenience.
I reactivated the MSG system after a few months of stand by and I noticed the lack of METOP-C data in the EPS10 folder.

I searched the forum but found no post that could give me any suggestions, I missed some particular changes in the distribution of eumetsat?
I regularly receive METOP-B
Thank's in advance to any!!
Have a nice day!
IZ1KBP, Mario

Ernst Lobsiger

Mario

Channel "EPS-10"   Metop-B and Metop C  (Basic Service)
Channel "E1H-EPS-10" Metop-A (HVS-1)

That's how the files ar pooring in here.

P.S. EPS-10 versus EPS10 ?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello everyone sorry for the inconvenience.
I reactivated the MSG system after a few months of stand by and I noticed the lack of METOP-C data in the EPS10 folder.
I searched the forum but found no post that could give me any suggestions, I missed some particular changes in the distribution of eumetsat?
I regularly receive METOP-B
Thank's in advance to any!!
Have a nice day!
IZ1KBP, Mario

Mario,

As you are getting Metop-B you /should/ be getting Metop-C as well. I do wonder whether you need to register separately for Metop-C, but that seems unlikely.

Maybe you are just in a data gap - my last log line reads:

2020-06-30 13:42:40.000 (UTC) created 2020-06-30_1313_M03_08545.hpt

so that's some 45 minutes ago. Metop-C shows as "OK" here:

https://www.eumetsat.int/ossi/webpages/level2.html?ossi_level2_filename=gds_metop_c.html

73,
David GM8ARV

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 06:38 AM, Mario Brustia wrote:
I reactivated the MSG system after a few months of stand by and I noticed the lack of METOP-C data in the EPS10 folder.
Mario

If "a few months" is about a year, this change might be of interest:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_4411829.html

Mario Brustia

David> The last time I used the system I regularly received both MTB and MTC and since then in my configuration nothing has changed also because I only configured BASIC reception
Ernest> YES, I had read that note and my system was already configured to receive both MTB and MTC on the BASIC system
----------------------------------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--------------------------------------------
I have reactivated now (18.15 Italian time) the system and the data begin to arrive. I was unlucky to start the system during a blackout period.
Thank you all for your interest
SOLVED
73, IZ1KBP ... Mario

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

David> The last time I used the system I regularly received both MTB and MTC and since then in my configuration nothing has changed also because I only configured BASIC reception
Ernest> YES, I had read that note and my system was already configured to receive both MTB and MTC on the BASIC system
I have reactivated now (18.15 Italian time) the system and the data begin to arrive. I was unlucky to start the system during a blackout period.
Thank you all for your interest
SOLVED
73, IZ1KBP ... Mario

Excellent, Mario! Thanks for letting us know.

73,
David GM8ARV