Topics

no animation for view 5 Hurricanes

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Hello,
I use version 317311 of the MSG animator. -when opening it it shows View 1 West Europe, View 2 North Atlantic IR, View 3 UK HRV, View 4 The alps. All these 4 views work well and carry out updating as set.
Then follows View 5 Hurricanes- which I want to run with Goes Abi Goes 16, 75E.
I fail to do so. When I choose Hurricanes all I receive is a blank image. Definition of the  area and updating are not possible either.
Could you kindly advise how I can arrive at receiving Goes 16  via my MSG animator ?
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,
Roland

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello,
I use version 317311 of the MSG animator. -when opening it it shows View 1 West Europe, View 2 North Atlantic IR, View 3 UK HRV, View 4 The alps. All these 4 views work well and carry out updating as set.
Then follows View 5 Hurricanes- which I want to run with Goes Abi Goes 16, 75E.
I fail to do so. When I choose Hurricanes all I receive is a blank image. Definition of the area and updating are not possible either.
Could you kindly advise how I can arrive at receiving Goes 16 via my MSG animator ?
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,
Roland
=================================

Roland,

Just like any other animation, press Setup, choose the satellite and channel you want (G16 B13 thermal perhaps), click Define area... to select the region of interest.

The program expects to find the data in the usual ..\Images\FSD\year\month\day\ path.

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Thank you for your rapid advice, David !
There must be a blockage concerning the Hurricanes - this view stays empty - blank regardless of the satellite channel I pick !
Is there a way to simply remove or empty the present view 5 Hurricanes and then start with it anew ?
The fixed views 1-4 are of your making, arent they ??
Another possibility could be to remove msg animator completely from the registry ??
And then reload the Animator ?
Where exactly sits the Animator in my registry ??
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roland

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] no animation for view 5 Hurricanes
Datum: 2020-06-13T14:37:53+0200
Von: "David J Taylor GM8ARV ������� �� via groups.io" <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

[...]

================================

Roland,

First ensure that you do have the required data in the MSG\Images\FSD date tree. I just made an animation here for hurricanes and it worked exactly as expected.

Any animations suggested with the first install of the program are just suggestions. The program is a tool for you to customise as you wish - that's why it's called a Tool Set.

To delete an animation, simply stop it with the green button.

To remove one or more animations delete the registry values:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\David J Taylor\MsgAnimator\AN1
.
.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\David J Taylor\MsgAnimator\AN30

I advise against editing the registry unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing, and I will not support installations where the user has edited registry settings.

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Thank you very much your kind suggestions.
Yet, Geosat signal latest does not show any files for Goes East and Goes West.
When I activate Goes 16 ABI it does show images of the channels I set. Where do these all go ???
Why arent they immediately grasped and shown by Geosat signal ???
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Datum: 2020-06-13T20:40:15+0200
Von: "David J Taylor GM8ARV ������� �� via groups.io" <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

[...]

all settled, no complaint - works well !
Thanks for your patience !
Roland

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Datum: 2020-06-13T20:40:15+0200
Von: "David J Taylor GM8ARV ������� �� via groups.io" <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

[...]

Compare the attached. The GOES-16/7 program should set the correct path when it is first used.