Topics

New version EUMETCastView 1.4.7

Hugo

Hello,

This release supports now FengYun 2H and 2G.
Download the latest version at https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases
Regards,

Hugo

Douglas Deans

On 13/07/2019 14:04, Hugo wrote:
Hello,
This release supports now FengYun 2H and 2G.
Download the latest version at https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases
Regards,
Hugo

Many thanks Hugo. All working well.

g3pha.morris@btinternet.com

Greetings Hugo and thanks for the update.
I updated from V 1.4.6 to the new version V 1.4.7 and have a problem.
I see FengYun 2G and FengYun 2H listed as expected after clicking on
the Geo Sat icon on left of window. However transferring to the Globe view
and clicking on the Eumetcast tab the boxes under the AVHRR heading do not show
MetOp C only A & B. In other words have lost MetOp C following the update.

Would you please offer me some advice/guidance where my update procedure is
likely to be at fault. Thanks, John Morris.

On Saturday, 13 July 2019, 14:04:50 BST, Hugo <hvanruys@...> wrote:

Hello,

This release supports now FengYun 2H and 2G.
Download the latest version at https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases
Regards,

Hugo

Hugo

Hello John,

I tested the program for Metop A/B and C and everything seems to work. Could it be that you did not indicate the directory for Metop C ?
On hvs-1/E1H-EPS-10 you receive Metop-B (M02) and on bas/EPS-10 you receive Metop-A (M01) and Metop-C (M03). The number of segments  in the 'Satellite Setup' window is the total number of segments for M01, M02 and M03.

Kind regards,
Hugo

David J Taylor

Hello John,

I tested the program for Metop A/B and C and everything seems to work. Could it be that you did not indicate the directory for Metop C ?
On hvs-1/E1H-EPS-10 you receive Metop-B (M02) and on bas/EPS-10 you receive Metop-A (M01) and Metop-C (M03). The number of segments in the 'Satellite Setup' window is the total number of segments for M01, M02 and M03.

Kind regards,
Hugo
==========================

Hugo,

Metop-A is sent on HVS-1, and BS has Metop-B and Metop-C, which doesn't seem to be consistent with your details.

Hugo

Hello David,

Yes, the name of the segment files for Metop-B contains "M01" and for Metop-A it is "M02". Metop-C file names contains "M03" ...

grts,

Hugo

Graham Woolf

HI Hugo

Any update on the animation feature ?

Regards

Graham

David J Taylor

Hello David,

Yes, the name of the segment files for Metop-B contains "M01" and for Metop-A it is "M02". Metop-C file names contains "M03" ..

grts,

Hugo
=======================================

Yes, that can be confusing. M02 was the first satellite launched, so named Metop-A. Now, as the oldest, it's on HVS-1. I have suggested that you could feed all EPS-10 data into the same directory, if that makes things any easier, and doesn't result in too many files in that directory.

Douglas Deans

On 14/07/2019 08:41, Hugo wrote:
Hello John,
I tested the program for Metop A/B and C and everything seems to work. Could it be that you did not indicate the directory for Metop C ?
On hvs-1/E1H-EPS-10 you receive Metop-B (M02) and on bas/EPS-10 you receive Metop-A (M01) and Metop-C (M03). The number of segments  in the 'Satellite Setup' window is the total number of segments for M01, M02 and M03.
Kind regards,
Hugo

Hugo, John is correct. On the right side under the heading of AVHRR the new release 1.4.7 only says Metop A/B and Metop A/B HRP whereas the previous version 1.4.6 said Metop A/B/C and Metop A/B/C HRP.

I am on Echolink at the moment so no chance to check if the program actually includes Metop C but certainly missing from list.

Using the Windows version.

Hugo

Hi Douglas,

I noticed that the indication on the buttons only says "Metop A/B".  But the program reads segments from Metop-A/B and C. It is just an indication on the buttons.
Will change that next time.
Regards,

Hugo

Hugo

Hello Graham,

Working on it Graham ... Sometimes life gets in the way . I have for the moment a stand-alone version that uses an xml file as input for the parameters.
This is of course not very user friendly. To integrate it in EUMETCastView will take some time. Hopefully in the coming months...

Regards,

Hugo

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 02:18 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
HI Hugo

Any update on the animation feature ?

Regards

Graham

g3pha.morris@btinternet.com

Thanks for your comments Douglas and Hugo your explanation.
Have just spent some time installing and uninstalling V 1.4.7 expecting the problem
to be with me but understand now the reasons. Regards to both, John Morris