Topics

New to MSG

Ian S Deans <ian@...>

I have just got up and running with MSG data in the last few days and I feel
it is worth sharing a few points that might be of assistance particularly to
anyone considering going ahead.
I went the Eumetsat route for the Tellique software and I have to say that
their service was superb. From the day I submitted my application to payment
and receiving software I was kept informed by e-mail and all was completed
fast and efficiently.
It would appear that there has been some minor updates to the Tellique
software. For example when I switch on my computer the data starts to load
in automatically without me needing to do anything ( in start up ) except
for starting Data Manager.

A number of mails over the last few months have discussed systems, problems,
over heating and other issues, so I don't want to bore you with more facts.
However I will just say this. The card worked first time without the
slightest problem. Tellique software worked first time without the slightest
problem. I am receiving and decoding real-time, using animator and producing
stunning images with GSS4 as well as using my computer for day to day use as
before. David's software is working like a dream. The moral of this
story --- I am doing all this on 1 computer an Athlon 1200 with 768mb ram
and I am certain that I have not yet lost a sector at this end. So if
anyone out there is a little reluctant as I was because of computer spec. go
for it. Believe me it is worth it.

Regards

Ian

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 29-09-03 20:52:17 GMT Daylight Time,
ian@... writes:

[...]

Ian,

Thank you for your most encouraging words and report.

Regards,
John Tellick.