Topics

New tellicast software for Windows

Graham Woolf

Hi

Just noticed that there is a new version of the Tellicast software on the Eumetsat website here

ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Windows/Tellicast/

Its dated the 4th August and is version 2-14-6

Kind Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

Graham,

the most important change for Windows receivers probably is:

"Updated HVS-1 & HVS-2 to support bandwidth of up to 500 Mbit/s"

If your receiver (DVB+PC) can cope with that in the near future.
You can check in the license.ini file what you actually have now.

GNU/Linux has had 500 Mbit/s for years now. In the GNU/Linux
clent 2.14.6-0_900_amd64 it's  4000 Mbit/s now ...(yes 4'000 !).

samu120497@...

Hi Ernst,

I'm very happy for this update of Tellicast Software.
I have a question: this version resolve some bug with the Windows 10 May 2004 Update? Thanks.

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

My system is two Sr1's running into 1Gb network cards although they are set at 100Mb Full duplex at the moment. Im never sure if that should be set to 1Gb full duplex. I dont know what the SR1 network interface supports

I also have 128Gb of RAM so I have four ram disks for Eumetcast streams and then the data goes to four separate HHD. All this running on a core 17 8th gen and my cpu usage never really goes above 20% and I also use this as my main pc

It all seems to work OK

One question though what would you advise for next gen receiver hardware - Is it worth getting a TBS6903 or I notice that Novra have a new S400 receiver ?

Kind Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

Graham,

I guess SR1 traffic IF is 1Gbit while management IF is 100Mbit. The TBS6903 is a prooven second generation DVB-S2 card. Right now we are testing TBS6903X V2 (some HW changes from TBS6903X V12).
This is actually third generation HW using the stid135 chip. The problem under GNU/Linux has always been drivers. I cannot comment on Windows, I have never had such a receiver and probably never will.

Ernst

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 04:36 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
My system is two Sr1's running into 1Gb network cards although they are set at 100Mb Full duplex at the moment. Im never sure if that should be set to 1Gb full duplex. I dont know what the SR1 network interface supports
This is from the V1.9 SR1 HB:

SR1 Hardware
2.1
SR1 Hardware Interfaces
The SR1 has the following interfaces: Two RF front ends GigE interface 100BaseT management Interface Serial over USB Management Interface.The SR1 can be operated with a single demodulator or with dual demodulators. When the second Demodulator is in use, both Demodulators are limited to DVB-S2 8PSK CCM 30Msps. The configuration of demodulator operation mode is supported in the terminal menu and SNMP

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

Can you buy that card at the moment and if so where from. id be more than happy to do some windows testing if needed

Kind Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

Graham,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 05:49 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
Can you buy that card at the moment and if so where from. id be more than happy to do some windows testing if needed
You will find and can buy the TBS6903X V12 in variants of active and passive cooling. But it has some problems in ACM/VCM.
Thats the reason for the V2 version. NO, you cannot buy the V2 at the moment. All I wanted to say is that the TBS6903 (and
the TBS6908 !) is a good card for EUMETCast reception, but it might really be replaced by the TBS6903X V2 in the near future
(and maybe the TBS6908 by the TBS6909X V2 if ever built). As I said: The biggest problem is (and has always been) drivers.