Topics

New TelliCast settings (was: Re: [MSG-1] Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast)

P.S.
What file_database_size do Windows receivers use and what has EUMETSAT proposed there?
In the latest TD-15.pdf EUMETSAT states "file_databas_size=20000000" so that's wrong as well?
==================================

Ernst, thanks for highlighting that. All TelliCast systems here are 64-bit so that's unlikely to be a major problem.

I see 20 MB, as per TD15:

file_database_size=20000000
file_database_type=control

so it's only control data which is stored. Buffer size can be set per channel, and I'm using:

[channel]
name=EUMETSAT Data Channel 1
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_1

for example. So that's 8 MB. Having one setting per instance sounds like a good idea, and I'd probably set it to ~5 seconds of data - say 70 Mbps, 5 seconds, 350 Mbits, say 50 MB?

Perhaps EUMETSAT are already looking forward to the requirements for EPS-SG and MTG?

As the topic is of more general interest I've renamed it.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 06:25 AM, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 wrote:
I see 20 MB, as per TD15:

file_database_size=20000000
file_database_type=control
David,

as long as I can remember (after the client changed) I have used file_database_size 200MB. I cannot tell whether this is because the
documented default is 250MB or this is copy and paste problem from the time when we did not use file_database_type=control yet.

It seems I have been prepared for MTG ever since 2014 :-). I have to look through my notes (if any!). Thanks for clarifying this.