New release EUMETCastView v1.5.0

Hugo

Hi,

In this release I added the possibility to download partial files from the Sentinel-3 datahub Scihub or CODA.( open the "Scihub/CODA" tab on the right side of the window)
This is possible for EFR and ERR files. For SLSTR you need to download the complete product.
The "quicklooks" are displayed on the 3D-Globe. ( see https://www.flickr.com/photos/137270544@N02/50851753738/in/datetaken-public/ )
In the near future (end of this year) there will be no more dissemination of Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution Near Real Time data via Eumetcast, 
hence the new features.
For using that part of the program you need to create first a directory where you intend to receive the Sentinel-3 data from the datahub. (open the "Preferences" - "Scihub/CODA Config")
For every session a password is asked when you try to download something from the datahub. First you have to download the available segments for a certain date. They will be displayed on the 3D-Globe in the usual way. Select the segments of interest and push the button "Download Quicklooks" or "Download partial product" or "Download complete product".
'Download quicklooks' only downloads a quicklook image and this  will be displayed on the 3D Globe.
'Download partial product' will only download the geolocation files and the necessary bands indicated by the Toolbox. If you try to make an image and the necessary band files are missing a warning pop-up will be displayed.
'Download complete product' will download the complete product. 
When the download is complete you can open the tab 'Eumetcast' on the right side of the window and the number of  segments will be indicated in the buttons "OLCI EFR" or "OLCI ERR" or "SLSTR" depending on the type of files you downloaded. Clicking on one of these buttons will display the downloaded segment. You can process the image the usual way by selecting it and pushing the button 'Make Image'.
Hopefully I was a bit clear with the above explanation.

Kind regards,

Hugo

Philip Robinson

Hugo
I have downloaded and installed the new version of EUMETCastviewer. The older version works well but is there a reason for this version (in the TLE files section) not having the Sentinel TLE files and such as AQUA and TERRASAR files. Is it because eventually this data will not be available from EUMETCast and they have been removed from this version now. Or am i missing something here.
Thx 
Philip

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 27/01/2021 16:39:16
Subject: [MSG-1] New release EUMETCastView v1.5.0

Hi,

In this release I added the possibility to download partial files from the Sentinel-3 datahub Scihub or CODA.( open the "Scihub/CODA" tab on the right side of the window)
This is possible for EFR and ERR files. For SLSTR you need to download the complete product.
The "quicklooks" are displayed on the 3D-Globe. ( see https://www.flickr.com/photos/137270544@N02/50851753738/in/datetaken-public/ )
In the near future (end of this year) there will be no more dissemination of Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution Near Real Time data via Eumetcast, 
hence the new features.
For using that part of the program you need to create first a directory where you intend to receive the Sentinel-3 data from the datahub. (open the "Preferences" - "Scihub/CODA Config")
For every session a password is asked when you try to download something from the datahub. First you have to download the available segments for a certain date. They will be displayed on the 3D-Globe in the usual way. Select the segments of interest and push the button "Download Quicklooks" or "Download partial product" or "Download complete product".
'Download quicklooks' only downloads a quicklook image and this  will be displayed on the 3D Globe.
'Download partial product' will only download the geolocation files and the necessary bands indicated by the Toolbox. If you try to make an image and the necessary band files are missing a warning pop-up will be displayed.
'Download complete product' will download the complete product. 
When the download is complete you can open the tab 'Eumetcast' on the right side of the window and the number of  segments will be indicated in the buttons "OLCI EFR" or "OLCI ERR" or "SLSTR" depending on the type of files you downloaded. Clicking on one of these buttons will display the downloaded segment. You can process the image the usual way by selecting it and pushing the button 'Make Image'.
Hopefully I was a bit clear with the above explanation.

Kind regards,

Hugo

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Douglas Deans

On 27/01/2021 19:00, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hugo
I have downloaded and installed the new version of EUMETCastviewer. The older version works well but is there a reason for this version (in the TLE files section) not having the Sentinel TLE files and such as AQUA and TERRASAR files. Is it because eventually this data will not be available from EUMETCast and they have been removed from this version now. Or am i missing something here.
Thx
Philip
===================================================================

Philip, to get the Sentinel TLE files simply select 'Add TLE file' and select resource.txt. That file is included in the program. Once that is done the warning notice will disappear.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Douglas.

Philip Robinson

Douglas
Silly me i forgot about doing that
thanx
Philip

------ Original Message ------
From: "Douglas Deans via groups.io" <gm4vzy=googlemail.com@groups.io>
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Sent: 27/01/2021 20:54:46
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] New release EUMETCastView v1.5.0

On 27/01/2021 19:00, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hugo
Thx
Philip
===================================================================

Philip, to get the Sentinel TLE files simply select 'Add TLE file' and select resource.txt. That file is included in the program. Once that is done the warning notice will disappear.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Douglas.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com