New dish

Vincenzo Mone

Hello All,

I am attempting to update my dish from the actual 80cm to the 120cm on.

Today I called a friend who works in a shop that sells Dishes asking him for the 120cm dish and he told me that

he has none of that size Prime Focus but only Offset.

Will it be OK for our purpose or I need forcely a Prime Focus one?

Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

Youssef Bennouna

Hello Vicenzo,

I have an offset one, it works nicely

Cheers

Youssef Bennouna

ETUDES ET MESURES LES 5 DOMAINES

Villa 176, Bassatine El Menzeh

12123 - EL MENZEH

MAROC

TEL :  (+212)    0537 01 14 41

I am attempting to update my dish from the actual 80cm to the 120cm on.

Today I called a friend who works in a shop that sells Dishes asking him for the 120cm dish and he told me that

he has none of that size Prime Focus but only Offset.

Will it be OK for our purpose or I need forcely a Prime Focus one?

Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

Ernst Lobsiger

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 10:43 AM, Youssef Bennouna wrote:
Will it be OK for our purpose or I need forcely a Prime Focus one?
Vincenzo,

only a few users have a prime focus dish. So go for a common Sat-TV offset dish.
In Italy you should get the highly recommended "Gibertini OP 125L" aluminum dish.
With this antenna and a good LNB (Inverto Black Ultra) you can get up to SNR=15dB.

Be aware that this asks for a very sturdy pole (e.g. 90mm) because of high wind loads.
Expect that pointing a 125cm dish is very sensitve compared to your current 80cm model.

Vincenzo Mone

Hello Ernst,

first Thanks for your reply.

I was looking for a 120cm dish as I do not have enough space.

I will see to my friend if he can find me the one you have suggested me.

Please will you point me to the correct LNB maybe with a link?

Thanks so much

On 01/09/2021 20:33, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Hello Ernst,
first Thanks for your reply.
I was looking for a 120cm dish as I do not have enough space.
I will see to my friend if he can find me the one you have suggested me.
Please will you point me to the correct LNB maybe with a link?
Thanks so much
73 de Enzo IK8OZV
Look up on Amazon: "Inverto Black Ultra"

I found it helpful to have more than one output, and I actually have quad. This allows monitoring on the extra feeds, or even a second receiver for HVS-1 or HVS-2.

73,

Vincenzo Mone

Hello David,
Thanks for pointing me to the LNB and suggesting me the one with two outputs, but to avoid wSting money can you please just confirm me if this is the correct one for a 120cm dish????

Thanks a lot

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

On 02/09/2021 09:52, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Hello David,
Thanks for pointing me to the LNB and suggesting me the one with two outputs, but to avoid wSting money can you please just confirm me if this is the correct one for a 120cm dish????
https://www.amazon.it/Inverto-diametro-ricevitori-satellitari-analogici/dp/B001ON8DAG <https://www.amazon.it/Inverto-diametro-ricevitori-satellitari-analogici/dp/B001ON8DAG>
Thanks a lot
73's de Enzo IK8OZV
Enzo,

You need to check with the person supplying the dish.

73,
David GM8ARV

Vincenzo Mone

Guys,
This morning i was testing with my 100cm Dish as I think I do not have enough space
For the 102cm one. I have tried to put to the maximum signal on the SR1 Controller
Program and I got 12.0 but the Icons in the Tray stays yellow instead to turn white.
Please what to check?