Datum: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 10:53:21 +0000 (UTC)
Von: "geojohnt via groups.io" <geojohnt@...>
Antwort an: <MSG-1@groups.io>
An: <msg-1@groups.io>
Betreff: [MSG-1] MTG-I1 fuelled.

Hello All,

MTG-I1 has now been fully fuelled ready for a scheduled launch on
December 13th.

https://www.esa.int/Applications/Observing_the_Earth/Meteorological_
missions/meteosa
t_third_generation/New_weather_satellite_fully_loaded

Regards,
John T.
Hello John et al.,
back in February 2011, David established the MTG-1 maillist / group on Yahoo. I
was among the very first subscribers. Has it ever been migrated to this 'new'
environment?
There was not much traffic in that group, probably due to a lack of MTG satellites
so far.

Cheers,
U.

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 01:22 AM, Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
Hello John et al.,
back in February 2011, David established the MTG-1 maillist / group on Yahoo. I
was among the very first subscribers. Has it ever been migrated to this 'new'
environment?
There was not much traffic in that group, probably due to a lack of MTG satellites
so far.

Cheers,
U.
If you press "Home" you find messages back to 2003.

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Betreff:         Re: [MSG-1] MTG-I1 fuelled.
An:              <MSG-1@groups.io>
Von:             "Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io" <ernst.lobsiger@...>
Datum:    Tue, 29 Nov 2022 01:42:03 -0800
Antwort an:      <MSG-1@groups.io>

> If you press "Home" you find messages back to 2003.
MTG messages from 2003?
My first message on this MSG list dates Aug 22, 2003, 09:18 (+- time zone correction)
My first on MTG is from Feb 25. 2011, 20:52, shortly after David had installed it.
Cheers,
U.

geojohnt@...

Hello Ulrich and All,

Yes, are we now all going to migrate to MTG Groups or continue with MSG Groups.
Or combine the two Groups?

'MSG data' will still be disseminated along with MTG data via EUMETCast for some years to come(?).

Regards,
John

> MTG-I1 has now been fully fuelled ready for a scheduled launch on
> December 13th.
>
> https://www.esa.int/Applications/Observing_the_Earth/Meteorological_
> missions/meteosa
> t_third_generation/New_weather_satellite_fully_loaded
>
> Regards,
> John T.

Hello John et al.,
back in February 2011, David established the MTG-1 maillist / group on Yahoo. I
was among the very first subscribers. Has it ever been migrated to this 'new'
environment?
There was not much traffic in that group, probably due to a lack of MTG satellites
so far.

Cheers,
U.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 29/11/2022 09:22, Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
Hello John et al.,
back in February 2011, David established the MTG-1 maillist / group on Yahoo. I
was among the very first subscribers. Has it ever been migrated to this 'new'
environment?
There was not much traffic in that group, probably due to a lack of MTG satellites
so far.
Cheers,
U.
No, Ulli, I expect that any MTG1/2/3/4 traffic will be handled here, as there will be too much in common with MSG-1/2/3/4

I'm hoping that, software such as Satpy/Pytroll (gone rather quiet?) will be handling the data, and that given the potential volumes and difficulty for many of HVS-1/2 direct reception, increasing use will be made of direct data from EUMETSAT over the Internet.