Topics

MSG Animator

Ian Deans

Is anyone on this group successfully running Animator on a 4K monitor.

I now have a 32" 4K monitor and I am finding it almost impossible to set it up with the animations I want and it will not allow a width of 3840.

I suspect the issue may be that the recommended DPI is 150% ( 100% too small )

My previous monitor 3440 x 1440 was fine but although I increased some text sizes a little the recommended DPI was 100%.

James Brown

Hi Ian,
I recently ‘upgraded’ to a 37” monitor to try and compensate eye debris problems and have also run into a few issues.

Suggestions to reduce the display to 1920 x 1080 didn’t help, and I have tried multiple variations along the lines you mentioned.

I have had to live with a compromise of going for the 1440 option and adjusting the DPI the same as yours. The result is that I get more space but lose some legibility on some prog text.

But Animator runs ok apart from the slight blur on text.

Cheers,
James

On 09/05/2020 18:30, James Brown wrote:
Hi Ian,
I recently ‘upgraded’ to a 37” monitor to try and compensate eye debris problems and have also run into a few issues.
Suggestions to reduce the display to 1920 x 1080 didn’t help, and I have tried multiple variations along the lines you mentioned.
I have had to live with a compromise of going for the 1440 option and adjusting the DPI the same as yours. The result is that I get more space but lose some legibility on some prog text.
But Animator runs ok apart from the slight blur on text.
Cheers,
James

On 9 May 2020, at 14:34, Ian Deans via groups.io <iandeans142=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks for the reply James.

With a resolution of 3840 x 2160 you need the main display at 150% on a 32" monitor. I have tried all options to get it to work, but without success so either I don't use Animator or I have an expensive spare monitor !!!

Thorsten Miglus

Ian,

I use MSG Animator with a 4K monitor. It works with a setting of 100 %. See attached screenshot (German Windows).
The maximum width for animations is 3836.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On 09/05/2020 23:13, Thorsten Miglus wrote:
Ian,
I use MSG Animator with a 4K monitor. It works with a setting of 100 %. See attached screenshot (German Windows).
The maximum width for animations is 3836.
Cheers,
Thorsten

Thanks for the update Thornsten. I did manage myself to get one animation running with the DPI setting at 100%, but it would be impossible for me to use the monitor with that setting without ruining my eyes in about 5 minutes.

It needs a setting of 150% the recommended setting by the manufacturer,
and that unfortunately means no Animator. I will have to switch back to my old monitor tomorrow.