Topics

MSG4 in MSG Data MAanager

Daniele Guardigli

Hello,

I can't correctly process MSG4 images, since the channels preview are set to Africa and when I set a detailed image 1,2,3 or 4 the Europe is offset. With MSG3 all works fine.
Can you help me? Thanks

Daniele Guardigli

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 22/02/2021 16:00, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
Hello,
I can't correctly process MSG4 images, since the channels preview are set to Africa and when I set a detailed image 1,2,3 or 4 the Europe is offset. With MSG3 all works fine.
Can you help me? Thanks
Daniele Guardigli
Daniele,

Unless you are very short of memory, I suggest using the "Full" setting.

You may need to take the steps here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#MSG-Q66

to prevent the MSG Data Manager seeing images from your "Africa" setting.

Daniele Guardigli

I've already done the steps you've reported but no success.Sorry

Il giorno lun 22 feb 2021 alle ore 20:04 David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> ha scritto:
On 22/02/2021 16:00, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't correctly process MSG4 images, since the channels preview are
> set to Africa and when I set a detailed image 1,2,3 or 4 the Europe is
> offset. With MSG3 all works fine.
> Can you help me? Thanks
>
> Daniele Guardigli

Daniele,

Unless you are very short of memory, I suggest using the "Full" setting.

You may need to take the steps here:

   https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#MSG-Q66

to prevent the MSG Data Manager seeing images from your "Africa" setting.

Daniele Guardigli

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 22/02/2021 16:00, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
Hello,
I can't correctly process MSG4 images, since the channels preview are set to Africa and when I set a detailed image 1,2,3 or 4 the Europe is offset. With MSG3 all works fine.
Can you help me? Thanks
Daniele Guardigli
I'm sorry my suggestion did not help. Could you please post a screenshot (as an attachment) showing exactly what you mean by "preview are set to Africa".

I am also puzzled by your reference to MSG-3 as that satellite data is not due to be broadcast again until March-04 (IIRC).

Daniele Guardigli

Hi David, attached you'll find 3 screenshots of what I have on MSG Data Manager. Please, let me know where I did something wrong.
Thanks.
Problema MSG(3).jpgProblema MSG(2).jpgProblema MSG(1).jpg

On 27/02/2021 06:07, Daniele Guardigli wrote:
Hi David, attached you'll find 3 screenshots of what I have on MSG Data Manager. Please, let me know where I did something wrong.
Thanks.
I think I already suggested this:

Stop the MSG Data Manager processing.

In Setup, uncheck Persistent Images.

Close the MSG Data Manager.

Delete the registry value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\David J Taylor\MsgDataManager\RestartImageList

Be very careful when editing the registry!

Restart the MSG Data Manager.

I hope you will be able to register the software soon.

I don't think anything on screenshots (2) and (3) affect the problem you are seeing.