Topics

MPEF file extensions

David J Taylor

Folks,

Could anyone advise as to what the "normal" file extensions should be for
GRIB2 and BUFR products? I could invent obvious ones like ".grib2" or
".bufr", but if there are programs out there which already expect a
standard file extension, I'll happily stick with those standards.

The MSG Data Manager can now read Cloud Top Height and Cloud Analysis
products, but there's some way to go before I release a new beta.

Thanks,
Quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@...

Corrado Brigante <corrado@...>

Dear David

I think the correct extension in .BUF and not .BUFR...I cann't help You about grib files. MSG Meteo Products are BUFR-encoded?รน

reagrds

Corrado

Could anyone advise as to what the "normal" file extensions should be for
GRIB2 and BUFR products? I could invent obvious ones like ".grib2" or
".bufr", but if there are programs out there which already expect a
standard file extension, I'll happily stick with those standards.

The MSG Data Manager can now read Cloud Top Height and Cloud Analysis
products, but there's some way to go before I release a new beta.

Thanks,
Quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Tom Schoettle <tomsracing@...>

I have a couple of programs reading GRIB data and the extension is *.grb

here is a link for northern Europe GRIB Data:
http://www.navcenter.com/grb/NorthEurope.grb.bz2

Is GRIB2 different from GRIB. I never heard from GRIB2 up to now.

Tom