mpe

Emmanuel

Dear All,

I have a problem displaying MPE (precipitation) data in MSG Animator.
I do receive files of type S-HSAF-H03B * .grb.gz, MSG DATA MANAGER does delete these files but they are not decompressed in the MSG \ images \ SAF file.

However, if I decompress the file manually and copy it to the directory, I can clearly see the image in MSG Animator.

I have selected '' Decomp file '' SAF "" "in MSG DATA MANAGER.

I am using MSG Data MAnager version V3.1.18.1324 and MSG Animator V3.1.7.313

Do you have an idea?
Sorry for my bad English!

Manu

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 07/10/2021 21:23, Emmanuel via groups.io wrote:
Dear All,

I have a problem displaying MPE (precipitation) data in MSG Animator.
I do receive files of type S-HSAF-H03B * .grb.gz, MSG DATA MANAGER does delete
these files but they are not decompressed in the MSG \ images \ SAF file.
However, if I decompress the file manually and copy it to the directory, I can
clearly see the image in MSG Animator.
I have selected '' Decomp file '' SAF "" "in MSG DATA MANAGER.
I am using MSG Data MAnager version V3.1.18.1324 and MSG Animator V3.1.7.313
Do you have an idea?
Sorry for my bad English!

Manu
Manu,

Looking at the coding it should be working, but I can't verify the "un GZ" at
the moment. Perhaps you could create a simple command script to do the unzip
every 15 minutes or whatever?

I'll try to check this further, but it may be Monday before I can check this.
I think it used to work! Ah, just checked it here and I do get .GRB files, and
not the .GZ. That's using the MSG Data Manager: 3.1.17.1323, but that was just
a beta with the "formal" release.

rnosborne@...

Manu,

I use MPE data in MSG Animator using the same software versions quoted by you and have no problems once
it is set up correctly.

As David states, the MSG data Manager does decompress the S-HSAF-H03B * .grb.gz files automatically if
the "Unzip SAF files" box is checked in the MSG Data Manager SAF setup.

Do you have "Dates in folders" checked  in the MSG Data Manager Setup because the state of this will
determine where the decompressed files are stored. Make sure that the "Dates in Folders" checkbox in the MSG Animator
setup matches that of the MSG Data Manager. I run without "Dates in folders" checked and MSG Data Manager stores the files
in <Drive Letter>:\MSG-1\Images\SAF

MSG Animator is looking for files called S-HSAF-h03B * .grb. If you decompress manually, the resultant files are called h03B * .grb
and must be renamed before MSG Animator can find them. I run without automatic decompression and have to rename the files as
part of my decompression process using 7-zip.

Also, in the MSG Animator setup, the Updates drop-down menu should be set to 5 mins. If it is left at the default value of (none), the
animation will not update automatically. Even then, I sometimes need to click the Update button on the main MSG Animator window to
kick-start the automatic update process. Note that there is  a delay of up to 5 minutes after reception of a new file before the animation
is updated.

Regards,
Richard

Emmanuel

The problem is solved!
In fact, I had not specified a correct directory name in Tellicast:

[channel]
name = E1B-SAF-5
target_directory = \ EUMETCast \ received \ SAF5

Instead of

[channel]
name = E1B-SAF-5
target_directory = \ EUMETCast \ received \ E1B-SAF-1

Indicated by David in his FAQ

Now the data is displayed correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Manu

Emmanuel

Hello David

Another question: where the MSG Data Manager directory stores the NPP files (VIIRSM and VIIRSDNB)?

I would like to display them with EumetcastView software.

Manu

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 10/10/2021 08:56, Emmanuel via groups.io wrote:
Hello David
Another question: where the MSG Data Manager directory stores the NPP files
(VIIRSM and VIIRSDNB)?

I would like to display them with EumetcastView software.

Manu
It's not data I use, Manu, but there are files in MSG\Images\VIIRS