Topics

missing segments

Robert Moore

David, I've been preoccupied with other things for a few days so have rather
lost the thread on missing segments. I am still losing enough to make the
system almost unusable and animations impossible. Is there something happening
that I can do nothing about, or is it time to call in the man the with the
ladder and meter from the local TV shop (costs me �72 a time here in the
hills)?
Best wishes
Robert

in Quoting David Taylor <david-taylor@...>:

--- In MSG-1@..., "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
I think best just to close down until the channel 2 problem
(started about
midday) is resolved.
No software could deal with this !
Could be worse, Douglas. My eToken on the new PC has stopped
working three time today already! 01:21, 14:08 and 15:04. Stops
all data flow and requires a reboot. At least you don't have that
problem!

Touch wood, the 15:15 is looking OK.

------------------------------
Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology, Social Policy
and Social Work Studies
The University of Liverpool
Eleanor Rathbone Building
Bedford Street South
Liverpool
L69 7ZA

tel and fax: 44 (0) 1352 714456

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., Robert Moore <rsmoore@l...> wrote:
David, I've been preoccupied with other things for a few days so
have rather lost the thread on missing segments. I am still losing
enough to make the system almost unusable and animations impossible.
Is there something happening that I can do nothing about, or is it
time to call in the man the with the ladder and meter from the local
TV shop (costs me £72 a time here in the hills)?
Best wishes
Robert
Robert, there have been some issues today, but the 16:15 cycle just
completed seems perfect. I only called in the "professionals"
because they had installed the system in the first place. I am
still waiting to see if there is a call-out charge. My approach
was: "Since you first installed it, there have always been problems
in windy conditions".

I think if you adjust it yourself, which monitoring the on-channel
Signal Quality indication, that should be adequate. That's what I
would do in the first instance....

a_van_belle

--- In MSG-1@..., "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
Robert, there have been some issues today, but the 16:15 cycle just
completed seems perfect.
Quite some missing segments today.
They could be local but my receive PC has been running well.

Please notify me if someone had less missing segments !

Date: 2003-11-09
Missing HRIT & LRIT segments report 2003-11-09 up to 2245
Cycle: 1200
msg-ch01, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch02, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch03, seg: 4 6 7
msg-ch04, seg: 4 6 7 8
msg-ch05, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch06, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch12, seg: 12 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Cycle: 1215
msg-ch05, seg: 4 5
msg-ch06, seg: 4 5 7
msg-ch07, seg: 4
msg-ch08, seg: 4 6
msg-ch09, seg: 4
msg-ch10, seg: 4 5 6 7
msg-ch11, seg: 4 5 6 7
msg-ch12, seg: 12 15 18 21
Cycle: 1345
msg-ch01, seg: 4 5 8
msg-ch02, seg: 4 5 7 8
msg-ch03, seg: 4 5 7 8
msg-ch04, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch05, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch06, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch12, seg: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18 20 21 22 23 24
Cycle: 1400
msg-ch01, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch02, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch03, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch04, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch05, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch06, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch12, seg: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24
Cycle: 1415
msg-ch01, seg: 2 3 5
msg-ch02, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 8
msg-ch03, seg: 2 3 5
msg-ch04, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 8
msg-ch05, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch06, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch12, seg: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 21 22 23 24
Cycle: 1430
msg-ch01, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch02, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch03, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch04, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch05, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch06, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch12, seg: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Cycle: 1445
msg-ch06, seg: 3 5 6
msg-ch08, seg: 4 5
msg-ch09, seg: 4 5
msg-ch10, seg: 4 5
msg-ch11, seg: 3 4 5 7
msg-ch12, seg: 9 12 15 18 21
Cycle: 1815
msg-ch04, seg: 8
lrit-ch01, seg: 8
lrit-ch03, seg: 8
lrit-ch04, seg: 8
Key: msg=HRIT lrit=LRIT
01=VIS006 02=VIS008 03=IR016 04=IR039
05=WV062 06=WV073 07=IR087 08=IR097
09=IR108 10=IR120 11=IR134 12=HRV
_____________________
Missing rebroadcast & derived segments report
Cycle: 0000
g9-ir, seg: 2
Key: gnn=FSD cla=CLA clai=CLAI clm=CLM cth=CTH

Robert Moore

Thank you Arne that is useful to know - I have six to eight segments missing in
_every_ fifteen minute pass.
Looks like I may have to go up the ladder!

Robert

Date: 2003-11-09
[...]

Alan Sewards <alan.sewards@...>

Why don't you guys put your dishes where they are easily accessible? They
don't get any more signal for being on the roof and they are much more prone
to wind effects. Find a sheltered wall and use a sturdy wall bracket.

Best regards - Alan

[...]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------
Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology, Social Policy
and Social Work Studies
The University of Liverpool
Eleanor Rathbone Building
Bedford Street South
Liverpool
L69 7ZA

tel and fax: 44 (0) 1352 714456

Robert Moore

Alan, see my piece in next RIG journal. I have only _one_ place in my whole
house where I can see MSG-1. This requires a pole above roof level, and it was
a very close thing there too.

Robert

Quoting Alan Sewards <alan.sewards@...>:

[...]

We desperately need a second source to verify our systems.

I did mention this earlier on Satsignal list, by installing the
DVB/tellique software a bit differently it is possible to start TV4PC
and watch TV when TQ is off.
This way you can check if the antenna and Skystar are working
properly by watching Sailing channel. Every signal drop or too low
signal quality will be shown as "freeze" or dropout on a digital TV
channel. Sailing channel is on the same transponder as Eumetcast.

Robert do you have TV4PC under Start, programs, DVB ?
David Taylor, now you have version 4.2.8 running with the new setup,
is TV4PC installed by default?

TV4PC is not the only way to view TV, other viewers can be used once
the skystar drivers are installed.
Did anyone else try to install and start DVBviewer after the official
Eumetcast installation procedure?

At my work at this moment, but I will try this evening to get a
viewer working.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

David Taylor, now you have version 4.2.8 running with the new
setup, is TV4PC installed by default?

I didn't let it install "Personal Video Recorder" (PVR as I recall),
I went to the Install folder on the CD where there was a setup.exe
and that gave me Server4PC and Setup4PC in the &#92;program
files&#92;TechniSat DVB&#92;bin&#92; folder. This seemed to be enough. Those
files are timestamped 19 August 2003 at 00:30. Server4PC is
V4.2.8.9999 as is Setup4PC. Both files are from "B2C2, Inc".

Unfortunately I don't have a Eumetsat install disk, so I don't know
if these are the correct versions.....

Robert Moore

Quoting a_van_belle <a.van.belle@...>:

Robert do you have TV4PC under Start, programs, DVB ?
No and the supplied Tellique disk only lists:
'SkyStar2_4_T-systems_EUMETSAT_data_only'

Robert

[...]

Arne,
I agree with your list except that I did not miss the 1815 cycle
segments. They were not reported as missing in MDM, and the images appear to
be present on the hard disk.

Best regards - Alan