Missing Keys

Vincenzo Mone

Hello,

I am still testing my BAS and HVS-1 reception and I am noticing that often

I get Both the icons in the tray turned red and if I pass the mouse on it I can read

A Missing Key.

Right now after I had both the icons on the White state since 08:00AM

I found them Red.

If I pass the mouse on the icon I can red for one:

tc-cast-client: Could not join Channel “EUMETSAT Data Channel 5”: Missing key 49385

while for the other:

tc-cast-client: Could not join Channel “E1H- TPL-1”: Missing key 42015

If not mistaken every time it happens the numbers of the key changes.

Please any advices????

Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 29/08/2021 12:41, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Hello,
I am still testing my BAS and HVS-1 reception and I am noticing that often
I get Both the icons in the tray turned red and if I pass the mouse on it I can read
A Missing Key.
Right now after I had both the icons on the White state since 08:00AM
I found them Red.
If I pass the mouse on the icon I can red for one:
tc-cast-client: Could not join Channel “EUMETSAT Data Channel 5”: Missing key 49385
while for the other:
tc-cast-client: Could not join Channel “E1H- TPL-1”: Missing key 42015
If not mistaken every time it happens the numbers of the key changes.
Please any advices????
Thanks
73 de Enzo IK8OZV
That is often symptomatic of a weak signal, or possibly some other cause of packet loss.

73,
David GM8ARV

> ... with Ayecka-SR1-console software and a fine tuning of the dish

> I managed to get the signal from 8.6 to 9.1 and can get both the services.

Vincenzo

SNR=9.1dB is far too low for HVS-1 reception and it also produces missed packets and missing keys for BAS.
This has been stated many many many times on this list. You need at least SNR=11.3dB and this is possible
with an 80cm dish. So don't even ask again before you have SNR > 11dB and don't ask how to point your dish.

Ernst

Vincenzo Mone

Ernst,

SORRY if asked again