Topics

Missing HRV Sector 17

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

I seem to have a problem receiving this HRV sector. This morning it is missing from the 0530, 0600, 0615 and 0700 cycles. The Tellique log appears normal except for the 0615 cycle when a missing or incomplete file warning is logged between the reception of sectors 16 and 18. No clues in the DM log. This is happening quite regularly with missing sector 17's on most days.

Any ideas ?

Peter

David J Taylor

--- In MSG-1@..., "Peter Benney" <tugboat@g...> wrote:
I seem to have a problem receiving this HRV sector. This morning
it is missing from the 0530, 0600, 0615 and 0700 cycles. The
Tellique log appears normal except for the 0615 cycle when a missing
or incomplete file warning is logged between the reception of
sectors 16 and 18. No clues in the DM log. This is happening quite
regularly with missing sector 17's on most days.

Any ideas ?
Peter,

That sector is typically the one where the switch is made from the
lower window of the scan to the upper. In all of my recent testing
I have both the Upper and Lower boxes checked for the Centre HRV
window option on the Advanced setup. It might be interesting to
know what you have set, and if setting those options removes the
problem.

If it's not the MSG Data Manager - do you have a process running
every 15 minutes on your PC which might be interfering with
reception. If it _was_ the MSG Data Manager, I would have thought
that other people would have seen the problem as well.

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

In all of my recent testing I have both the Upper and Lower boxes
checked for the Centre HRV window option on the Advanced setup.
It might be interesting to know what you have set, and if setting those
options removes the problem.
Upper and lower boxes checked.

If it's not the MSG Data Manager - do you have a process running
every 15 minutes on your PC which might be interfering with
reception.
I have Zone Alarm running on the RX PC.

If it _was_ the MSG Data Manager, I would have thought
that other people would have seen the problem as well.
Definately not the Data Manager David as the Tellique log on the RX PC shows that the files were not received.On the 0615 cycle two files were reported missing or incomplete and I would have expected to see this on the other cycles.

Peter

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

If it's not the MSG Data Manager - do you have a process running
every 15 minutes on your PC which might be interfering with
reception.
Task Scheduler was running Symantec NetDetect at approx 13-15 minutes past the hour. I was unaware that Task Scheduler was running and have now disabled it.

Fingers crossed !

Peter

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

Task Scheduler was running Symantec NetDetect at approx 13-15 minutes past the hour.
Should read "running NetDetect every 5 minutes commencing 1315 past the hour"

Peter