Missing cycles

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

02/10/03

Missing data between 0015z-0230z. No segment loss during period 0245z-0915z.

Using a Sky Minidish no loss of signal in moderate to heavy rain (4.7mm/hr) but a reduction in signal quality down to 50% from 60% and a lowering of SNr 9 to 7.5.

Peter

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Benney" <tugboat@g...> wrote:
02/10/03

Missing data between 0015z-0230z. No segment loss during period
0245z-0915z.

Peter,

Same here - I don't thin that the segments were transmitted. May be
the eclipse period is starting to affect things somehow, although it
is past the maximum for MSG-1? I am still seeing catch-up issues.
I have the "Clear images" box set which clears older image when new
ones come it. Today I have seen old image data come in before the
new, which can ruin a perfectly good image by loosing the nothern
segments! For animation, I suggest unchecking the Clear Images
checkbox.

Cycle: 0015 incomplete
Cycles: 0030 to 0230 were missing.