Topics

Migration of EUMETCast Europe restoration capacity to Hotbird 13

Hugo

Ernst Lobsiger

Hi All

That's good news for all EUMETCast reception stations in the U.K. (in case of an Eutelsat 10 failure 13°E is certainly far better than 21°E). It's even more good news for people using TBS cards because the two transponders are in the same band and have the same polarisation. This means the CrazyCat single cable solution for T1 + T2 reception will also work with Hotbird 13 (possible with TBS-6983 / 03 / 08 / 03X / 09X). Let's hope HVS-3 will not be further East ...

Cheers
Ernst

geojohnt@...

Hugo and All,

Damn, damn, damn,

This is wonderful news for 'those up north ' and in Ireland.

But my SNR with a 1 m dish and SR1 on TP 1 has been 'quite high' over the last few weeks at 13.3 dB to 13.6 dB.
I've even seen a 13.7 dB.

But now I will have to chop down the next door neighbours towering fir tree which blocks every satellite from just east of 10 A to 19.2 degrees east from my patio mounted dish!!!

Poisoning the tree some years ago didn't work.

Regards,
John Tellick.