Topics

Metop A

Ian Deans

As I reported on 2/7/2019 some Metop A polar wind data received on EPS-10 (l2d and l2t ) has not been moved to HVS-1 and is still being sent on the basic channel. This means that it has to be dealt with manually as Metop A Manager EPS-10 is looking at HVS-1.

I have reported this to Eumetsat and Pamela is looking into it.

David J Taylor

As I reported on 2/7/2019 some Metop A polar wind data received on
EPS-10 (l2d and l2t ) has not been moved to HVS-1 and is still being
sent on the basic channel. This means that it has to be dealt with
manually as Metop A Manager EPS-10 is looking at HVS-1.

I have reported this to Eumetsat and Pamela is looking into it.

==================================

Thanks for reporting, Ian. I haven't noticed a great build-up of files, but I do have fairly strong "unwanted removal" routines!

Ian Deans

On 08/07/2019 19:44, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
As I reported on 2/7/2019 some Metop A polar wind data received on
EPS-10 (l2d and l2t ) has not been moved to HVS-1 and is still being
sent on the basic channel. This means that it has to be dealt with
manually as Metop A Manager EPS-10 is looking at HVS-1.
I have reported this to Eumetsat and Pamela is looking into it.
==================================
Thanks for reporting, Ian.  I haven't noticed a great build-up of files, but I do have fairly strong "unwanted removal" routines!
Further to the above I have pasted below the reply I have received from Pamela. As you cannot point Metop A Manager EPS-10 at both basic and HVS-1 I will probably just remove the data unused.

Dear Ian,

The AVHRR Multi-Metop Wind Products (filename ends with 2d.bin or 2t.bin) from all 3 Metop satellites (A, B and C) are disseminated on the Basic on channel EPS-10

Whilst, the AVHRR Polar Winds (filename ends with l2.bin) from Metop-A are disseminated on HVS-1 on channel E1H-EPS-10

We hope the above helps.

Regards,

Pamela

David J Taylor

From: Ian Deans via Groups.Io

Further to the above I have pasted below the reply I have received from
Pamela. As you cannot point Metop A Manager EPS-10 at both basic and
HVS-1 I will probably just remove the data unused.

Ian,

Can you direct both channel EPS-10 and E1H-EPS-10 to the same receiving directory? There are also Windows-10 "joins" (IIRC) that may be of use in combining directories.