Topics

Metop A

Ian Deans

From about 16.55 Uk time some MetopA polar wind data (amv)
is incorrectly being sent on channel EPS-10 Basic service. MetopA polar wind data is as it should be coming through EPS-10 on HVS-1, so I am not sure if it is duplication, though a quick check suggests it is not.

David J Taylor

From about 16.55 Uk time some MetopA polar wind data (amv)
is incorrectly being sent on channel EPS-10 Basic service. MetopA polar
wind data is as it should be coming through EPS-10 on HVS-1, so I am not
sure if it is duplication, though a quick check suggests it is not.

=================================

Thanks for spotting that, Ian. I suggest reporting to Ops if the issue continues.

Cheers,
Davis

David J Taylor

From about 16.55 Uk time some MetopA polar wind data (amv)
is incorrectly being sent on channel EPS-10 Basic service. MetopA polar
wind data is as it should be coming through EPS-10 on HVS-1, so I am not
sure if it is duplication, though a quick check suggests it is not.

===============================

Ian,

I've just had to deal with this issue myself - I hadn't realised that files were accumulating. I wrote a simple command script that you run once at startup, and it repeatedly moves files from one location to another every minute:

Title Polar Winds RoboCopy selected BS data to HVS-1 location

set source=D:\EUMETCast\received\EPS-10
set dest=\\Lund\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E1H-EPS-10

RoboCopy %source% %dest% w_xx*metopa* /S /MOV /R:3 /W:10 /MOT:1 /NFL
pause

The script never exits. Obviously you changed the source and destination to suit your own system. Source is where the BS data lives, and dest is where you want it moved to. Just trying that on a couple of PCs here and it seems to be working as expected.

I hope it helps!

Ian Deans

On 14/07/2019 18:55, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
From about 16.55 Uk time some MetopA polar wind data (amv)
[...]

Thanks for that David. Eumetsat have confirmed that this multi Metop wind data from all three Metops will continue to be sent on EPS-10 basic.

I use a little program called DLMov to move files from one location to another, but have not yet set it up for this move, but will soon when I am feeling a little better.