Meteosat-5 - visible channel errors

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Once again, I am seeing errors in the Meteosat-5 visible channel at
0900 today. It seems as if the acquisition stopped only a short way
into the scan (starting at the south), leaving most of the image
northwards as a repetition of the last good line.

However, checking the Dundee image archive the data seems to be
fine. As far as I can tell, Dundee doesn't receive the Met-5 data
directly, so I am puzzled as to why there should be this
discrepancy. If Dundee can get good data, why can't the MSG feed?

It seems a pity, as the images are superb, when complete!