Meteosat-5 problems?

johnrigsec@...

All,

I have just downloaded a direct WEFAX image from Meteosat-5 - 20:06.
The signal was very strong and steady and the WEFAX image perfect.

So, at the moment that chain appears OK.

The Arabian sea looks very warm and there appears to be a cyclone off
Sumatra.

Regards,
John Tellick.
RIG.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, johnrigsec@a... wrote:
All,

I have just downloaded a direct WEFAX image from Meteosat-5 -
20:06. The signal was very strong and steady and the WEFAX image
perfect.

So, at the moment that chain appears OK.
John, thanks for that confirmation. There appear to be a couple of
things that need attention on the MSG-1 relay: sometimes the
segments are out of order which means that an initially incomplete
image is saved, and sometimes the feed into the MSG-1 processor
seems to get stuck, and we get repeated lines in the northern part
of the scan when the image at Eumetsat is perfect.

Eumetsat are working on these issues. From what I can gather, users
of the MSG Data Manager are well ahead of others in being able to
access these images.

Web: http://www.satsignal.net