Topics

malware ran. ransom malware in MSG manager/MSG animator

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Hello,
My malwarebytes virus scanner has been showing this indication-warning for the past few days.
It then switches off the software.
This is very annoying and has never before happened.
Both programmes are under C:/tools/Satsignal/
I have windows 10.
How to solve this programme ?
Thanks in advance for your advice !
Regards,
Roland

Ian Deans

On 09/07/2020 21:13, fly.fechter@... wrote:
Hello,
My malwarebytes virus scanner has been showing this indication-warning for the past few days.
It then switches off the software.
This is very annoying and has never before happened.
Both programmes are under C:/tools/Satsignal/
I have windows 10.
How to solve this programme ?
Thanks in advance for your advice !
Regards,
Roland

Roland I had a similar problem as yours some time ago where my Internet security program was continually removing the exe file from my main MSG Data Manager, ( I was running three but only one affected )

The easy way to resolve the issue is to make both MSG Data Manager and Animator an exception in your virus program and this will stop them being scanned.

My malwarebytes virus scanner has been showing this indication-warning for the past few days.
It then switches off the software.
This is very annoying and has never before happened.
Both programmes are under C:/tools/Satsignal/
I have windows 10.
How to solve this programme ?
Thanks in advance for your advice !
Regards,
Roland

Roland,

Most likely this is a false positive. You can check the individual programs at:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

and

http://www.virustotal.com/

Ian has already suggested added these as exceptions. I don't see the issue here with the Microsoft Windows Defender.