Late Segments

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

David

Segments 21,22, 23 and 24 were late on the 12.15 UTC scan, HRV.

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
David

Segments 21,22, 23 and 24 were late on the 12.15 UTC scan, HRV.

Douglas.
Many thanks, Douglas. My program saw those late segments and acted
on them as I expected. No gaps in the northern part of the images.
A beta update to V1.2.226 is now on the Web site.

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Segments 21,22, 23 and 24 were late on the 12.15 UTC scan, HRV.

Douglas.
Many thanks, Douglas. My program saw those late segments and acted
on them as I expected. No gaps in the northern part of the images.
A beta update to V1.2.226 is now on the Web site.

Sounds good David.
Up and running with 226 and so far all is well.
Out for a few hours but feel confident of perfect animations when I get back
! (should put the kiss of death on a few scans !)

That's ex Hurricane Kate up near the tip of Greenland by the way.

Thanks
Douglas.

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

David,

just had the best example of how solid your code change is; at the
end of the 1930 scan, HRIT segments 7 and 8 and HRV segments 21 to 24
were missing, the first two HRV segments and the first segment of the
next scan were held in the received directory, and everything was
solved in a couple of minutes. No gaps in the images whatsoever!

Judging by this event, you have been quicker than Eumetsat to sort
this out... me not surprised! ;-)

Bye, Luca

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
Many thanks, Douglas. My program saw those late segments and acted
on them as I expected. No gaps in the northern part of the
images.
A beta update to V1.2.226 is now on the Web site.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Judging by this event, you have been quicker than Eumetsat to sort
this out... me not surprised! ;-)

Bye, Luca
I had thought it was going to be more complex, but I had an
inspiration when walking into town yesterday. It is, perhaps,
easier to deal with the problem after it happens. Understanding
just why the rather complex Eumetcast system with multiple data
streams at different priorities produces the effects it does is not
a problem that I have!

Your reports are valued, I know.