LaPalma eruption animation using EUMETCast data from EUMETSAT.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

LaPalma eruption animated at 15 minute intervals by my GeoSatSignal software with the Volcanic Dust RGB setting, using Met-11 data from EUMETSAT.

geojohnt@...

David,

Interesting.
I was going to get around to this, this afternoon after seeing the spectacular eruption shots on the late news last night.

LaPalma eruption animated at 15 minute intervals by my GeoSatSignal software
with the Volcanic Dust RGB setting, using Met-11 data from EUMETSAT.

Ibercom x

Hi,
 I got a good image from  Canary Island, GeoSatSignal Met 11 data Dust RGB.
Cheers

El lun, 20 sept 2021 a las 15:00, geojohnt via groups.io (<geojohnt=aol.com@groups.io>) escribió:
David,

Interesting.
I was going to get around to this, this afternoon after seeing the spectacular eruption shots on the late news last night.

LaPalma eruption animated at 15 minute intervals by my GeoSatSignal software
with the Volcanic Dust RGB setting, using Met-11 data from EUMETSAT.

Hi,

for what it is worth, here is my version of LaPalma. Ogv runs in browsers like MS Edge or FireFox. Right click video to get the controls ...

Hi,

for what it is worth, here is my version of LaPalma. Ogv runs in browsers like
MS Edge or FireFox. Right click video to get the controls ...

Very impressive, Ernst!

It clearly shows the benefit of 10-bit data, and the 5-minute steps from the
Rapid Scan Service!

Any chance you could make that available in a standard video format? I used
GIF simply because I knew Twitter would accept that, and the file was only 3.8
MB. Maybe an MPEG might be better?

Thanks,

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

That is very impressive

Do you think you could upload the python script that you used to produce that - it would be very useful

Kind Regards

Graham

Ferdinand Valk

Ernst,

Very impressive indeed!

In case you would be willing to share this script, it would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ferdinand