Keppler errors

Robert Baleja

Hi everyone. today I turn on AVRHRR Manager and I have a Kepler data error I have Keppler Updater and I always use it before starting AVHRR Manager

Wysłane z iPhone'a

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 22/06/2021 09:46, Robert Baleja via groups.io wrote:
Hi everyone. today I turn on AVRHRR Manager and I have a Kepler data error I have Keppler Updater and I always use it before starting AVHRR Manager
Wysłane z iPhone'a
Robert,

I suggest checking the Kepler data with WXtrack. I use the multi-date Keplers (one file per satellite) rather than the multi-satellite ones.

Has anyone else seen a similar problem?

Can you post a screen-shot of the error message?

73,
David GM8ARV

Robert Baleja

in WX Track it is the same as if there were no tle files

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Wiadomość napisana przez David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> w dniu 22.06.2021, o godz. 15:04:

On 22/06/2021 18:42, Robert Baleja via groups.io wrote:
in WX Track it is the same as if there were no tle files
Wysłane z iPhone'a
OK, so chase the WXtrack error first, and perhaps the AVHRR Manager will then be OK. Check where WXtrack is set to look for Kepler data, check the contents of that directory, and check the individual files. What happens if you run the Kepler Updater manually - what error shows?

Other obvious checks might include the Kepler Updater requiring Internet access (firewall), and ask when did it last work, when did it stop working, what changed in between? Perhaps an over zealous anti-virus program?

Robert Baleja

The Kepler update downloads the files without errors. files arę in the Keps directory as they have always been. I haven't changed anything and the AVHHR can't see them. I suspect Windows 10 updates Wysłane z iPhone'a

Wiadomość napisana przez David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> w dniu 22.06.2021, o godz. 20:24:

On 22/06/2021 19:28, Robert Baleja via groups.io wrote:
The Kepler update downloads the files without errors. files arę in the Keps directory as they have always been. I haven't changed anything and the AVHHR can't see them. I suspect Windows 10 updates
Robert,

It's very unlikely that Windows-10 updates would cause WXtrack to stop seeing Kepler files - there is no such issue here on multiple Windows-10 systems.

One issue could be if you have installed my software in the "Program Files" or similar directory. Use something like C:\Tools\SatSignal\WXtrack instead. The fact that the Kepler Updater can write the new Kepler files suggests this is unlikely.

On the WXtrack setup tab, check that the path for Kepler data is correct. Use the Browse... button to check.

73,
David GM8ARV

Robert Baleja

Everything files paths are correct. Wx Track working but AVHRR can't see files.

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Wiadomość napisana przez David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> w dniu 23.06.2021, o godz. 10:06:

Wiadomość napisana przez Robert Baleja via groups.io <sp7rb=yahoo.com@groups.io> w dniu 23.06.2021, o godz. 12:02:

On 23/06/2021 11:02, Robert Baleja via groups.io wrote:
Everything files paths are correct. Wx Track working but AVHRR can't see files.
Wysłane z iPhone'a
Robert,

Thanks for the screen-shots. You may have inconsistent directories. On the system here:

Kepler Updater. Historic Keplers:

C:\Tools\Radio\HRPTreader\Keps\Updates\

In the AVHRR Manager, Kepler path:

C:\Tools\Radio\HRPTreader\

You could try running the HRPT Reader to see whether it can see the Keplers (View, Diagnostics), and you could try pressing the HRPT button in the AVHRR Manager.

Something must have changed as it worked before.

Robert Baleja

Working only with full file path to weather.the

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Wiadomość napisana przez David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> w dniu 23.06.2021, o godz. 12:51:

On 23/06/2021 12:19, Robert Baleja via groups.io wrote:
Working only with full file path to weather.the
Robert,

I'm glad you have a fix.

73,
David GM8ARV

Marco Martini

quando faccio upload manualmente scarica i dati .tle regolarmente...... su vxtrack

Marco Martini

non c'è la cartella

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 22/07/2021 21:55, dir.martini@gmail.com wrote:
non c'è la cartella
Attachments:
* rf.PNG <https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/attachment/31591/0>
* hr.PNG <https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/attachment/31591/1>
Marco,

There some notes (in English) about Kepler data here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#keplermanager

I hope they help.

Ciao,

Marco Martini

istallato kepler manager e gli ho dato la destinazione giusta adesso errore cambia vi mando la cattura in allegato

Il giorno ven 23 lug 2021 alle ore 10:37 David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> ha scritto:
On 22/07/2021 21:55, dir.martini@... wrote:
> non c'è la cartella
>
> Attachments:
>
>   * rf.PNG <https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/attachment/31591/0>
>   * hr.PNG <https://groups.io/g/MSG-1/attachment/31591/1>

Marco,

There some notes (in English) about Kepler data here:

   https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#keplermanager

I hope they help.

Ciao,

17° A.N.Carabinieri UMBRIA
Dir.Marco Martini
Tel.393/6939199

Marco Martini

istallato kepler updater adesso errore cambia immagine in allegato

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 23/07/2021 12:27, Marco Martini wrote:
istallato kepler manager e gli ho dato la destinazione giusta adesso errore cambia vi mando la cattura in allegato
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
installed kepler manager and gave it the right destination now error
change I send you the capture attached
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marco,

There is a file metop-c.txt in the "starter" download I mentioned:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/KeplerUpdates.zip

You can keep this up-to-date with my Kepler Updater software, or simply download and unzip that file every night. I try to keep it up to date every day. Could could automate the download and unzip with a Windows command script. (.CMD file).

Ciao,

Marco Martini

ma quelli che produce kepler update sono file .tle e non txt perche' cerca il txt

On 23/07/2021 18:27, Marco Martini wrote:
ma quelli che produce kepler update sono file .tle e non txt perche' cerca il txt
but the ones that kepler update produces are .tle files and not txt because it looks for txt

WXtrack will work with both the multi-satellite Kepler data whether they ate names .2LI, .TLE or .TXT.

HRPT Reader can use the multi-entry files for a single satellite such as metop-c.txt.

I do hope that an Italian speaker can help you further.

Ciao,