IODCPAR Met-8 Met-9 replacement

stefan.mueller@...

Hi
Is it possible to process  H-000-MSG2__-MSG2_IODCPAR- files from parallel data dissemination during IODC MET-8 by MET-9 (https://www.eumetsat.int/meteosat-9-takes-over-IODC-service) replacement with Msg Data Manager?
Best
Stefan

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 29/04/2022 23:06, stefan.mueller@... wrote:
Hi
Is it possible to process  H-000-MSG2__-MSG2_IODCPAR- files from parallel data
dissemination during IODC MET-8 by MET-9
(https://www.eumetsat.int/meteosat-9-takes-over-IODC-service) replacement with
Msg Data Manager?
Best
Stefan
Welcome to the group, Stefan!

Yes, it is possible. Set up another instance of the MSG Data Manager, point
its source to the parallel data stream, and its satellite to "MSG-2".

The program does not automatically recognise the different file names so I
suggest using a different output directory. The only parallel running we've
had in the (distant) past has always been for "MSG", and not "MSG IODC", so if
there are issues please report back here.

On 29/04/2022 23:06, stefan.mueller@... wrote:
Hi
Is it possible to process  H-000-MSG2__-MSG2_IODCPAR- files from parallel data
dissemination during IODC MET-8 by MET-9
(https://www.eumetsat.int/meteosat-9-takes-over-IODC-service) replacement with
Msg Data Manager?
Best
Stefan
Stefan,

I've just updated the MSG Data Manager to recognise the new file names as
"Parallel", so it should write the output to new directories MSG-PAR and
MPEF-PAR. Please note that this is untested!

The second IODC instance of the MSG Data Manager needs to have different file
names to the first IODC instance, just like the RSS instance has different names.

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#rss

stefan.mueller@...

Hi David
Thank you for your quick help.
I updated to V3.1.19.1327 and set the satellite to MSG-2.
It's reading the prolog file, as detected in the correct new location at 45.5° and in the status bar by the message of 'hh:mm UTC cycle starting...'

But it doesn't seem to process the data files.
The missing segments report is saying:
>_______________________
>Date: 2022-Mai-01
>
>Missing HRIT IODC segments report
>Cycle: 0800
>  HRIT ch 01   all missing
>  HRIT ch 02   all missing
>   HRIT ch 03   all missing
>   HRIT ch 04   all missing
>   HRIT ch 05   all missing
>   HRIT ch 06   all missing
>   HRIT ch 07   all missing
>   HRIT ch 08   all missing
>   HRIT ch 09   all missing
>   HRIT ch 10   all missing
>   HRIT ch 11   all missing
>   HRIT ch 12   all missing
>Cycle: 0815
>   HRIT ch 01   all missing
>   HRIT ch 02   all missing
>   HRIT ch 03   all missing

Is there anything I can test? With menu File->Open channel... and Open scan...  nothing happens.

Best regards
Stefan

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 02/05/2022 09:55, stefan.mueller@... wrote:
Hi David
Thank you for your quick help.
I updated to V3.1.19.1327 and set the satellite to MSG-2.
It's reading the prolog file, as detected in the correct new location at 45.5°
and in the status bar by the message of 'hh:mm UTC cycle starting...'

But it doesn't seem to process the data files.
The missing segments report is saying:
[]

Is there anything I can test? With menu File->Open channel... and Open scan...
nothing happens.

Best regards
Stefan
Stefan,

I'll try to capture some data and look into it. The change of rectification
point could impact more of my software, and /might/ be the problem with the MSG
Data Manager.

On 02/05/2022 11:04, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴 🇪🇺 via groups.io wrote:
I'll try to capture some data and look into it. The change of rectification
point could impact more of my software, and/might/ be the problem with the MSG
Data Manager.
Data is captured, and work is in progress, but it's clearly going to take more than a simple change as the rectification point is different and this needs to be communicated to the other software. May be a day or two yet.

On 02/05/2022 09:55, stefan.mueller@... wrote:
Hi David
Thank you for your quick help.
I updated to V3.1.19.1327 and set the satellite to MSG-2.
It's reading the prolog file, as detected in the correct new location at 45.5°
and in the status bar by the message of 'hh:mm UTC cycle starting...'

But it doesn't seem to process the data files.
[]
Is there anything I can test? With menu File->Open channel... and Open scan...
nothing happens.

Best regards
Stefan
Stefan,

There's a beta here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

which should handle just the image files. Resulting image will have "iodn"
instead of "iodc" in the file names. Have a play and let me know. This is
more "alpha" than even "beta" software! I hope to look into the MPEF data today.

stefan.mueller@...

Hi David
Great! If every alpha would work that well like your software...
Images are being processed and stored. Thanks a lot for this effort.
Cheers
Stefan