Topics

IMPF

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

As advised the IMPF changed occurred at 13.00. As suggested the data is
definitely earlier, and to allow for that the 12.45 UTC scan was cleverly
ended early by, I think, sending blank final sectors. So David's program
did not need to wait.
Looks good.

Douglas.

David J Taylor

--- In MSG-1@..., "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
As advised the IMPF changed occurred at 13.00. As suggested the
data is definitely earlier, and to allow for that the 12.45 UTC scan
was cleverly ended early by, I think, sending blank final sectors.
So David's program did not need to wait.
Looks good.

Douglas.
Well I just checked the spatial accuracy of HRV, and it's much
better than before. The water vapour gains have been adjusted as
well, making the LRIT water vapour image (channel 5) much more
usable. I think the interpolation artefacts at the SE and NW limbs
are reduced as well.... Still waiting for the first foreign
satellite data, although I don't know if it will affected by the
change.

Hurrah! Let me know if you do see any issues....

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

As advised the IMPF changed occurred at 13.00. As suggested the
data is definitely earlier, and to allow for that the 12.45 UTC scan
was cleverly ended early by, I think, sending blank final sectors.
So David's program did not need to wait.
Looks good.

Douglas.
Well I just checked the spatial accuracy of HRV, and it's much
better than before. The water vapour gains have been adjusted as
well, making the LRIT water vapour image (channel 5) much more
usable. I think the interpolation artefacts at the SE and NW limbs
are reduced as well.... Still waiting for the first foreign
satellite data, although I don't know if it will affected by the
change.

Hurrah! Let me know if you do see any issues....

Channel 6 HRIT also looks a lot better. The interpolation artefacts are
almost gone now but at the expense of quite a loss on the west side.
The data is definitely earlier and there now appears to be a gap between
scans perhaps resolving for once and for all the prologue/last sector issue.
All looking very good. Tomorrow (HRV test) will also be interesting.
Will there be a temp to let us see the trial HRV with wavelet lossless,
David.

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

The scans seem to now fit well into the 15 minutes slot, the last
file of the 1400 slot was sent at 14:13, so the EPI file is now
really an epilogue and not a mix between two adjacent slots, finally!

I am not running the decode PC now, so I am just monitoring the
downloaded data. Did you noticed to 0k files in both HRV and HRIT
channels around 14:12?

Bye, Luca

--- In MSG-1@..., "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
As advised the IMPF changed occurred at 13.00. As suggested the
data is
definitely earlier, and to allow for that the 12.45 UTC scan was
cleverly
ended early by, I think, sending blank final sectors. So David's
program
did not need to wait.

David J Taylor

Channel 6 HRIT also looks a lot better. The interpolation
artefacts are almost gone now but at the expense of quite a loss on
the west side.

Presumably, you don't have the "Calibrate thermal" set for channel 6?

Hadn't noticed the west side loss.

David J Taylor

I am not running the decode PC now, so I am just monitoring the
downloaded data. Did you noticed to 0k files in both HRV and HRIT
channels around 14:12?

Bye, Luca
No, I didn't see that. What were the file names? (There should
never be zero length files, as all files should have a header).

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

--- In MSG-1@..., "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
No, I didn't see that. What were the file names? (There should
never be zero length files, as all files should have a header).
hmmm... how strange, I had a bunch of files with 0k length, but I
just checked now and they are of proper length. Just hit F5 and
their correct size appeared. Never seen this behaviour before.

FYI, I monitor my receiving PC at home via VNC over my VPN link
between the router at home and the office, but as I said I had never
seen a 0k file before.

Bye, Luca

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Channel 6 HRIT also looks a lot better. The interpolation
artefacts are almost gone now but at the expense of quite a loss on
the west side.

Presumably, you don't have the "Calibrate thermal" set for channel 6?
Oops you are right !!

Hadn't noticed the west side loss.
Still a nice balanced disc now.
HRV outlines now spot on.
The change has certainly rounded off the few remaining sharp edges...
excellent.

David J Taylor

hmmm... how strange, I had a bunch of files with 0k length, but I
just checked now and they are of proper length. Just hit F5 and
their correct size appeared. Never seen this behaviour before.

FYI, I monitor my receiving PC at home via VNC over my VPN link
between the router at home and the office, but as I said I had
never
seen a 0k file before.
Luca, that usually means that the OS has created the file, but
nothing has yet been written to it. Unusual, yes. Perhaps Tellique
took its time writing the file data?

Ciao,

wrote:
Luca, that usually means that the OS has created the file, but
nothing has yet been written to it. Unusual, yes. Perhaps
Tellique
took its time writing the file data?
sure, that's what I thought, but the odd thing was that the 0k file
was surrounded by other files with reasonable lentgh, and there were
some three 0k files in a couple of minutes time.

We'll see later, when I turn on MDM, if those files are OK or not.
Running the usual 8% signal strength today... ;-)

Bye, Luca

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

Actually what happened was, they skipped all the 7th HRIT segments
and HRV segments 19 thru 23, so the final segments were all
disseminated, and MDM recorded the image normally.

Bye, Luca