Iceberg A-68A from MSG-4

geojohnt@...

All,

I didn't think to look before but the iceberg is visible via MSG-4 HRV imaging.

This from today via EUMETCast and David's GSS.

John,

I didn't remember Meteosat-11 HRV is covering this remote spot. Here is what Pytroll/Satpy does out of the box (rather cloud free image back from Christmas 16:00 UTC)..

R. Alblas

Ah, indeed. Attached MSG4, downloaded from Internet, Native format.
Normal mapping and polar south mapping.
Combined HRV=luminance, VIS006/VIS008/IR_016 for colour; processed by xrit2pic.