Topics

HRV final segment in wrong position

David J Taylor

Folks, I have known for some time that my software does not dela
correctly with the situation where the Prolog file is sent before
the final HRV segment. Under those circumstances, the offset is
read from the prolog file and immediately applied to any subsequent
segments. Therefore segment 24 may be shifted into the position it
should occupy for the next scan, rather than where it actually is
for the current scan.

This is easy to detect when the uppper segment is being moved, as it
was recently, but quite difficult otherwise. If anyone detects an
HRV image (preferably the mini 12n image) with this defect, would
they please point it out to me. I am now running a version of the
software which should bypass that defect, so I would like to check
it.

If anyone has the 0745 or 0900 HRV 12n image from this morning,
perhaps they could e-mail it to me. I believe that data would have
had the ordering problem. Actually, it may be easier later in the
day as the sun moves to the west.... Only send the image if you
have the "Centre HRV window upper" set.

Thanks,
David

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

If anyone has the 0745 or 0900 HRV 12n image from this morning,
perhaps they could e-mail it to me.
On its way David.

Peter

David J Taylor

If anyone has the 0745 or 0900 HRV 12n image from this morning,
perhaps they could e-mail it to me.
On its way David.

Peter
Many thanks, Peter. Looks like I haven't cracked it yet! If you have a
broadband link, and can send the 0900 as well, that would help confirm my
diagnosis. By the way, which version of the MSG Data Manager are you
running?

Thanks,
David

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

Many thanks, Peter. Looks like I haven't cracked it yet! If you have a
broadband link, and can send the 0900 as well, that would help confirm my
diagnosis. By the way, which version of the MSG Data Manager are you
running?
On its way. V1.2.4.236 (Oct 14)

Peter

a_van_belle

David,

Using MDM "Alfa" 124.240 I had no problems decoding HRV 0745 and 0900, no missing of shifted segments.
I have "Centre HRV window" "Upper" on and "Lower" off.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

David J Taylor

Subject: [MSG-1] HRV final segment in wrong position

Many thanks to Peter and Douglas for sending the sample HRV images. As a
result, I have now updated the MSG Data Manager program to handle this
issue. A beta test version is available.