Topics

Hot Bird

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Hot Bird transponder 11096 down again. No Eumetcast or TV programs on the
transponder from about 19.02 UTC

Douglas

David J Taylor

Hot Bird transponder 11096 down again. No Eumetcast or TV programs on
the
transponder from about 19.02 UTC

Douglas
Thanks, Douglas. As ever, my Tellique software stopped responding at that
point, requiring a reboot. So what with a lightning strike on a local
substation (cutting off my Cable Modem Internet connection), and snow and
heavy rain, it was quite a day yesterday!

davidstrickland2003 <David@...>

--- In MSG-1@..., "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
Hot Bird transponder 11096 down again. No Eumetcast or TV
programs on
the
transponder from about 19.02 UTC

Douglas
Thanks, Douglas. As ever, my Tellique software stopped responding
at that
point, requiring a reboot. So what with a lightning strike on a
local
substation (cutting off my Cable Modem Internet connection), and
snow and
heavy rain, it was quite a day yesterday!

Interesting, I wonder how many others have their Tellique software
stop responding, mine ran through with no problems. Runs in remote
computer all alone with XP Professional. Is it an operating system
problem or multiple programs?

Regards David S.

Robert Moore

I just run on through the 'outs' and pick up the signal again when it restarts -
I usually only know about outages when I read the list mesages (or run an
animation). Tellique software runs solo on its own computer with Windows XP
Professional.

Robert

wrote:
Hot Bird transponder 11096 down again. No Eumetcast or TV
programs on
the
transponder from about 19.02 UTC

Douglas
Thanks, Douglas. As ever, my Tellique software stopped responding
at that
point, requiring a reboot. So what with a lightning strike on a
local
substation (cutting off my Cable Modem Internet connection), and
snow and
heavy rain, it was quite a day yesterday!

Interesting, I wonder how many others have their Tellique software
stop responding, mine ran through with no problems. Runs in remote
computer all alone with XP Professional. Is it an operating system
problem or multiple programs?

Regards David S.

------------------------------
Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology, Social Policy
and Social Work Studies
The University of Liverpool
Eleanor Rathbone Building
Bedford Street South
Liverpool
L69 7ZA

tel and fax: 44 (0) 1352 714456

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

David,

my ridicolous antenna setup simulates quite well complete loss of
signal, I only need some small wind gust and the antenna falls from
his stand!

But, I have never seen any Tellique malfunction of any kind, the
software never died on me, I never had to reboot the PC. I simply
reposition the antenna, the SkyStar2 icon turns green again, and
after a few seconds new files start to appear again in the received
directory.

In the last week it was quite windy here, so Tellique was idle most
of the time, but yesterday I repositioned the antenna, and the data
started to flow again.

My receiver PC (P3/850) runs Win2k Pro SP3 (+ frequent Windows
updates)and Tq 2.3.1, and also WxToImg for APT reception.

Bye, Luca

Timestep <Information@...>

From: Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth England
e-mail Information@...
Web site http://www.Time-step.com
Tel. +44 (0)1803 833366
Fax. +44 (0)1803 839498

I'm running a single PC with HRV animation and Windows 2000, I haven't
touched the system for well over a week.

Dave