From: "fly.fechter@..." <fly.fechter@...>
Sent: 02/08/2019 21:38:02
Subject: [MSG-1] Himawari images - target directory

Hello David,
Using the path EUMETCast\received\EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_4 data starts to come in under the designation eg
DK01IR1_2019080222000_001 . However no images appear in the Himawari mask of the MSG D.M.
Apparently the data is not opened and put then into the Himawari mask which remains blank..
Kindly advise what steps to take.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roland

geojohnt@...

Roland,

According to EUMETSAT's Channel and PID list, there is no EUMETSAT-Data Channel-4 on HVS-1.

Himawari data is sent via channel E1H-TPG-2.

Therefore your cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini should read:

target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E1H-TPG2

And the TelliCast received files location box in Himawari MDM should be:

(C:/D:/E:) whatever your HDD is \EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E1H--TPG-2\

Don't forget the end '\'

and the files are named IMG_DK01B01, 02, 03, 04 etc and VIS and IR.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In a message dated 02/08/2019 21:38:05 GMT Standard Time, fly.fechter@... writes:

Using the path EUMETCast\received\EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_4 data starts to come in under the designation eg
DK01IR1_2019080222000_001 . However no images appear in the Himawari mask of the MSG D.M.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Folks,

I've used two approaches:

1 - run a separate MSG Data Manager for Himawari. I think this is my preferred solution as it makes better use of available memory. Then you can use:

[channel]
name=E1H-TPG-2
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=L:\Tools\EUMETCast\received\E1H-TPG-2

and point the MSG Data Manager to: L:\Tools\EUMETCast\received\E1H-TPG-2

2 - direct the output of Himawari data from TelliCast to "the same" channel as channel 4. In practice for that configuration I needed a redirect as one output was from a network drive, so I used:

..\received\EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_4 - for the BS data
..\received\Data Channel 4 - for the HVS-1 data (via a network redirection to E1H-TPG-2 on another PC)

taking advantage of the fact that the MSG Data Manager will scan both directories.

There's no single "correct" way to do things, of course!