Topics

Himawari & GOMS & Goes 16 data

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Hallo,
I cannot remember the correct channel name of  Himawari, GOMS & GOES 16. I would like to include these in the bas channel list.
Could you help me, please ?
I run version 3.1.1.5.13.17 of the MSG data manager.
I clicked satellite 4 - however have not yet discovered in its log any of these three birds.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roland

Ernst Lobsiger

Roland,

- GOMS (Electro-L) data has not been available for 7 mothhs now due to relocation of the satellite (see EUMETSAT user notification service)
- GOES-16 is on E1H-TPG-1               (HVS-1, not bas)
- Himawari8 is on E1H-TPG-2              (HVS-1, not bas)

On 22/02/2021 13:36, fly.fechter@t-online.de wrote:
Hallo,
I cannot remember the correct channel name of  Himawari, GOMS & GOES 16. I would like to include these in the bas channel list.
Could you help me, please ?
I run version 3.1.1.5.13.17 of the MSG data manager.
I clicked satellite 4 - however have not yet discovered in its log any of these three birds.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roland
Ernst has kindly told you where to find the data.

My software for GOES-16 and GOES-17 image data is available here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/GOES-ABI-Manager.html

You don't need the MSG Data Manager for this data, but the resulting images can be used with my GeoSatSignal and MSG Animator programs.

As the software is free, I don't offer direct support, but there is a "Support" button on the software which will direct you to the right place.

According to the EUMETSAT Web site, the knowledge base has the channel listing:

https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSEC/overview

https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSEC/pages/700055570/Channels+and+Packet+Identifiers+PIDs

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Thank you very much for your rapid help !
I wonder if you could also tell me the channel designation for the Chinese F2-Y birds ?
Thanks in advance.
I look forward to your reply.
Roland

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 07:28 AM, fly.fechter@... wrote:
I wonder if you could also tell me the channel designation for the Chinese F2-Y birds ?
Roland,

FY-2G/2H is found in EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_12. File Names are "Z_SATE_C_BABJ..."

Ernst

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Hallo again,
I just added E1H-RDS-2 to my HVS-1 channel list.
The Tellicast client list shows now frequently E1H-RDS-2 data coming in.
The log list of my Msg data manager v. 3-1-15-13 17 continues showing FY2G data.
The respective image spaces remain blank-black !
David, do you have adapted your software to this switch from FY-2 to FY-3D ?
Is there another edition of your MSG D.M.  able to show data from FY3D ?
What do you suggest to receive here  again the Chinese data ?
I have continuing problems with the Himawari data reception which leaves me depending on the Chinese data !
Seems that increasing volume of data implies heaps of changes - much to my dislike of course.
I am still at the beginner`s level as regards software & the like !
Thanks in advance for your understanding and continued support.
Regards,
Roland

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Thanks Ernst !
Kindly tell me if in bas or HVS-1.
Could you also tell me the FULL channel name, please ?
Regards,
Roland

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:26 PM, fly.fechter@... wrote:
Kindly tell me if in bas or HVS-1.
Roland,

FY2 is in Basic Service. David already gave you the relevant link: