Topics

Help with decoding

Andy Clarke

Hi,

I have a TBS-6903 dual port card in a fairly hi spec PC (i7 8086K@5Ghz, 32Gb ram, 2TB SSDs and a 8tb NAS). I have a 1M dish (on a motor) and am getting 98% signal and 78% quality from Eutalsat 10A and have configured TBS-IP to save the IP stream to C:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default (which is actually a symboilc link to my NAS). I have installed MSG Data Manager and I have recieved only about 50Gb of data which had been downloading for about 12 hours however when I select "check" against the Tellicast recieved files location in setup, for either the default location of C:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default or C:\EUMETCast\received it says WARNING no MSG files found. If  I start the scan with the start button and leave for  a few hour again I get no progress.... Am I just not waiting long enough for enough data in the received folder?

An example of the file name of the  2000 files in the folder is:  OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M6C01_G16_s20191530810453_e20191530820161_c20191530820207-118900_0.nc

Thanks

Andy

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

[...]

==============================

Andy,

The MSG Data Manager doesn't handle the new format GOES-16 data. The "Check" function is for MSG-4 Basic Service data.

Instead you can use my (free) GOES ABI Manager. Set up two instances (with different executable names) and both GOES-16 and GOES-17 data can be managed:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/GOES-ABI-Manager.html

The two instances can be in the same directory:

GoesAbiManager-G16.exe
GoesAbiManager-G17.exe
hdf5.dll
hdf5_hl.dll
msvcr120.dll
netcdf.dll
zlib1.dll

Andy Clarke

Great, thanks David, I must admit I probably need to read up more on this being completely new this part of the hobby.

Thanks

Andy

Kind Regards

Andy S Clarke
Callsign: M7AEY
General Email: radio@...
QSO Email: qso@...

CallSign: https://www.qrz.com/db/M7AEY
Business Website: https://www.ringtone.net

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This email contains Ringtone.net Ltd information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. Thank you. We monitor our email system, and may record your emails. Ringtone.net Ltd Registered Office: Little Acre, Pound Lane, Hardwicke. Gloucester. Glos. GL2 4RJ. Registered in England no: 4225273. VAT No. GB793717388.