Got it!!!!!!

Vincenzo Mone

Hello Folks,

This message to tell everyone that helped that finally I got it.

Yes finally I got both incoming data from both BAS and HVS-1

With just 1 dish and the SR1 device.

I have understood that my dish is small for both the services,

Just 80cm from South Italy, but nevertheless, with the help of the

Ayecka-SR1-console software and a fine tuning of the dish

I managed to get the signal from 8.6 to 9.1 and can get both the services.

In the next days I  will try to increase the size of the dish to at least 100cm

But if I can manage it as I have to put it on the balcony, I will try with a 120cm one.

Again a big Thanks to thanks to those who spent a word in helping me.

Now please David If you read this email and you remember my softwares purchased and upgraded

From you, will you please  tell me which one I need to upgrade and which to get new as new services, maybe with the prices in PM.

thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

Philip Robinson

Hi Vincenzo
I am really pleased for you and welcome to the hvs-1 club......only one way to go now hvs-2 :-)
good luck
Philip

This message to tell everyone that helped that finally I got it.

Yes finally I got both incoming data from both BAS and HVS-1

With just 1 dish and the SR1 device.

I have understood that my dish is small for both the services,

Just 80cm from South Italy, but nevertheless, with the help of the

Ayecka-SR1-console software and a fine tuning of the dish

I managed to get the signal from 8.6 to 9.1 and can get both the services.

In the next days I  will try to increase the size of the dish to at least 100cm

But if I can manage it as I have to put it on the balcony, I will try with a 120cm one.

Again a big Thanks to thanks to those who spent a word in helping me.

Now please David If you read this email and you remember my softwares purchased and upgraded

From you, will you please  tell me which one I need to upgrade and which to get new as new services, maybe with the prices in PM.

On 28/08/2021 19:10, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Now please David If you read this email and you remember my softwares purchased and upgraded
From you, will you please  tell me which one I need to upgrade and which to get new as new services, maybe with the prices in PM.
thanks
Vincenzo,

As far as I can see all your licences are current. Updates and beta versions can be downloaded from my Web site.

I run all the beta versions as if they were "production" versions, so I would advise:

- First update to the current version of each program (making sure to read the release notes).

Current: https://www.satsignal.eu

- Then update to the beta versions if there are features you need.

Beta: https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

73,
David GM8ARV

Vincenzo Mone

David,
thanks for your reply,
is there on your site any page that explains how to set all the programs?
I have started with the MSGDM but as it is a long time I did not use them I forgot how to set them.
I have installed the TEllicast as all the datas goes in just one folder also if I prefer in different ones but
I could not find the correct path where the program has to find the files so I just installed, how I said
The tellicast in one folder and in the MSGSM I gave as path:

F:\EUMETCast\received\bas\default\

But I am noticing that all the pictures I got in the various small windows of the MSGDM MSG HRIT
Are stretched out, if I remember it was as I saw before the RSS ones.
Any advices please?

I do not know if the MSGDM is to use also for the HVS-1 reception.
Thanks for your efforts.

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

*********************************
****** GSM +39 328 7110193 ******
***** SMS +39 328 7110193 *****
*********************************

GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Inviato: domenica 29 agosto 2021 12:52
A: MSG-1@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [MSG-1] Got it!!!!!!

On 28/08/2021 19:10, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Now please David If you read this email and you remember my softwares
purchased and upgraded

From you, will you please tell me which one I need to upgrade and
which to get new as new services, maybe with the prices in PM.

On 29/08/2021 12:50, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
[...]
Enzo,

The programs have sensible defaults, and all have read-me files. I suggest you refer to the notes you made when you first installed them. You can check the FAQ as well:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm

The default install from EUMETSAT does separate out the data into different directories, but I suggest you start with what you currently have.

Stretched thumbnail images for RSS is normal. The saved images should have the correct aspect ratio. If the images in the full-scan or IODC are wrong follow the instructions here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#MSG-Q66

The MSG Data Manager can handle the 10-minute Himawari data on the HVS-1 stream.

73,
David GM8ARV