From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of fly.fechter@...
Sent: 28 July 2019 21:14
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: [MSG-1] Goes Abi manager

Hello,
My current SNR is around 11DB. (cloudy rainy sky)
I manage to receive the Goes 17 data but fail to receive the Goes 16 one.
Tellicast client 2.14.4
In other words - E1H-TPG-3 received
                               "           1 connecting
                               "           2 connecting
red warning ---reset
I cant explain this - is SNR 11.1 just sufficient for TPG-3 only  and too low for TPG-1, 2 ??
Do you have some explanation and could you please advise ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland

David J Taylor

Hello,
My current SNR is around 11DB. (cloudy rainy sky)
I manage to receive the Goes 17 data but fail to receive the Goes 16 one.
Tellicast client 2.14.4
In other words - E1H-TPG-3 received
" 1 connecting
" 2 connecting
red warning ---reset
I cant explain this - is SNR 11.1 just sufficient for TPG-3 only and too low for TPG-1, 2 ??
Do you have some explanation and could you please advise ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland
================================

Roland,

If you can get GOES-17 you should be able to get GOES-16 as well. Check your channels file.

GOES-16 data is every 10 minutes, and GOES-17 every 30 minutes, by the way.

fly.fechter@t-online.de

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] Goes Abi manager
Datum: 2019-07-29T07:30:00+0200
Von: "David J Taylor via Groups.Io" <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

[...]

Thank you very much, David !
Does this warning - reset - have any meaning ?
Does this "connecting" for TPG 1 & 2 have any meaning ?
Perhaps you could tell me ?
Regards,
Roland
By the way:
What is the size of your dish, David ?
What LNB do You use ?
What is your SNR ?
Thanks,
Roland

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Datum: 2019-07-29T07:30:00+0200
Von: "David J Taylor via Groups.Io" <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

[...]

geojohnt@...

Roland,

Sorry, but I have told you several times that you should be getting at least 14 dB SNR with your dish.
And I have asked you to tell us how and where your dish mounted on your balcony - which could be the problem.

So far, no information.

It is pointless to ask David what his dish/LNB/SNR is as he live much further north than you and his received satellite signal is quite a bit lower than yours.
He uses a 125 cm dish and even with less satellite power than you has higher SNR ~ 12dB.

Here user readouts from across Europe:

You are in the 'maximum Eutelsat 10 A signal area.'

Until you get your dish sorted out and increase your SNR you will continue to have problems.

Best wishes,
John.

++++++++++++++++++++

In a message dated 29/07/2019 08:44:37 GMT Standard Time, fly.fechter@... writes:

By the way:
What is the size of your dish, David ?
What LNB do You use ?
What is your SNR ?

David J Taylor

Thank you very much, David !
Does this warning - reset - have any meaning ?
Does this "connecting" for TPG 1 & 2 have any meaning ?
Perhaps you could tell me ?
Regards,
Roland
By the way:
What is the size of your dish, David ?
What LNB do You use ?
What is your SNR ?
Thanks,
Roland

Roland,

You can see all that signal and dish information on the Web page I have pointed out several times before.

For TelliCast questions please contact your supplier.

David J Taylor

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php