Goes-16 and Goes-17

Vincenzo Mone

Hello all,

Please anybody can help me on my issue?

I cannot receive the Goes-16 and Goes-17 despite having set:

[channel]

name=E1H-TPG-1

target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\E1H-TPG-1\

in the cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini file.

Unfortunately I do not see any folder named E1H-TPG-1.

Please anybody can tell me where am I doing wrong?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

geojohnt@...

Enzo,

Your cast-client-channels_hvs-1 configuration seems to be wrong.

It should be something like:

[channel]
name=E1H-TPG-1
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E1H-TPG-1

At least, that's one of my configurations.
You appear to have left out an \hvs-1\ configuration bit.

 ++++++++++++++++++++++

I cannot receive the Goes-16 and Goes-17 despite having set:

[channel]
name=E1H-TPG-1
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\E1H-TPG-1\

in the cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini file.
Unfortunately I do not see any folder named E1H-TPG-1.
Please anybody can tell me where am I doing wrong?
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thanks

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************
      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******
      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****
      *********************************

Thorsten Miglus

Hello Enzo,

have you already ordered the GOES-16 and GOES-17 data from the EO-Portal?

Cheers
Thorsten

On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 03:24 PM, Vincenzo Mone wrote:

Hello all,

Please anybody can help me on my issue?

I cannot receive the Goes-16 and Goes-17 despite having set:

[channel]

name=E1H-TPG-1

target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\E1H-TPG-1\

in the cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini file.

Unfortunately I do not see any folder named E1H-TPG-1.

Please anybody can tell me where am I doing wrong?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 07/11/2021 14:47, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Enzo,

Your cast-client-channels_hvs-1 configuration seems to be wrong.

It should be something like:

[channel]
name=E1H-TPG-1
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E1H-TPG-1

At least, that's one of my configurations.
You appear to have left out an \hvs-1\ configuration bit.

John,

In this case it doesn't matter - except for conformity with the EUMETSAT
recommendations. If E1H-TPG-1 is used just for the GOES-16 ABI data, providing
that the directory set in the receiving software is the same as the directory
set in the [channel] file, all should be well.

I would certainly recommend retaining the \HVS-1\ part, though.

Thanks for your input.

Vincenzo Mone

Hello Thorsten,

First thanks for your reply.

Please I want to check if I have already requested it but

Do not remember how.

I have been on the EO portal site logged in with my credentials but cannot remember which is the correct block

to click to check.

Please can you help me?

[...]

Thorsten,

it seems I had success to access to my profile and I have this:

On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 04:09 PM, Vincenzo Mone wrote:

Hello Thorsten,

First thanks for your reply.

Please I want to check if I have already requested it but

Do not remember how.

I have been on the EO portal site logged in with my credentials but cannot remember which is the correct block

to click to check.

Please can you help me?

Thanks

geojohnt@...

David,

Thanks for your configuration clarification.
Good to know that I am (somehow) following EUMETSAT configuration settings. (:-))

+++++++++++++++

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

+++++++++++++++++

On 07/11/2021 14:47, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
> Enzo,
>
> Your cast-client-channels_hvs-1 configuration seems to be wrong.
>
> It should be something like:
>
> [channel]
> name=E1H-TPG-1
> receive_buffer_size=8000000
> target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E1H-TPG-1
>
> At least, that's one of my configurations.
> You appear to have left out an \hvs-1\ configuration bit.
>
> Regards,
> John.

Ernst Lobsiger

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 03:21 AM, <geojohnt@...> wrote:
I would certainly recommend retaining the \HVS-1\ part, though.
David and John,

while taking 2 x (T1 + T2) with a TBS6909X and 6 clients I *had* to use /srv/rec_0/Channel_Name ... /srv/rec_5/Channel_name.
rec_0 for Basic , rec_1 for hvs-1, rec_2 for hvs_2 etc. But now I go back to an ultra flat file system with just /srv/Channel_name.
So I suggest at least for the future to get rid of the /bas/, /hvs-1/, /hvs-2/ prefixes as these are all in (future) channel names:
E1B-*  (transponder Europe 1, Basic Service), E1H-* (transponder Europe 1, HVS-1), E2H-* (transponder Europe 2, HVS-2)
and E3H-* (transponder Europe 3, HVS-3, comming rather soon ...).

Or do you see any advantage in retaining the /bas/, /hvs-1/, /hvs-2/ and /hvs-3/ as prefixes in the future?

Or do you see any advantage in retaining the /bas/, /hvs-1/, /hvs-2/ and
/hvs-3/ as prefixes in the future?

Ernst,

I feel that sticking with the EUMETSAT convention may make for fewer
trouble-shooting calls in the future. Perhaps a sub-directory "HVS-1" might
stand out more than E1H. I can see justification for both ways.

Certainly I propose that in any future updates on my own software I will stick
to the conventions as far as possible. As a general principle, the fewer files
in a single directory the better.

Of course, if there is a good reason not to conform that would change things.