Topics

GOES16

James Brown
 

Just wondering if my system has a problem or I have missed a message - but no GOES16 imagery since 0522 this morning.

Anyone else taking the channel seeing the same?

Thanks,

James

Ian Deans
 

On 17/08/2019 12:08, James Brown wrote:
Just wondering if my system has a problem or I have missed a message - but no GOES16 imagery since 0522 this morning.
Anyone else taking the channel seeing the same?
Thanks,
James
====================================================================

James I am not receiving any GOES 16 data either.

I too have not seen a message from Eumetsat, but I have received a message from OSI SAF confirming an outage of the data and a list of impacted products.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Ian.

James Brown
 

On 17/08/2019 12:15, Ian Deans via Groups.Io wrote:


On 17/08/2019 12:08, James Brown wrote:
Just wondering if my system has a problem or I have missed a message - but no GOES16 imagery since 0522 this morning.

Anyone else taking the channel seeing the same?

Thanks,

James
====================================================================

James I am not receiving any GOES 16 data either.

I too have not seen a message from Eumetsat, but I have received a message from OSI SAF confirming an outage of the data and a list of impacted products.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Ian.
Most grateful Ian for the confirmation. I have been fine tuning the system to eliminate packet loss and was just a little concerned that it was a case of mea culpa!

Thank you again,

James

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

Most grateful Ian for the confirmation. I have been fine tuning the
system to eliminate packet loss and was just a little concerned that it
was a case of mea culpa!

Thank you again,

James
==============================

James,

Less data, fewer packets to lose! But I see you've already made improvements.

I can't seem to find a notice about this from NOAA or EUMETSAT, which is a little unusual. I don't see any files accumulating, though, which might happen if there were a format change.

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Ian Deans
 

On 17/08/2019 15:11, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
Most grateful Ian for the confirmation. I have been fine tuning the
system to eliminate packet loss and was just a little concerned that it
was a case of mea culpa!
Thank you again,
James
==============================
James,
Less data, fewer packets to lose!  But I see you've already made improvements.
I can't seem to find a notice about this from NOAA or EUMETSAT, which is a little unusual.  I don't see any files accumulating, though, which might happen if there were a format change.
Cheers,
David
============================================================

On the Eumetsat site it certainly shows GOES 16 image data as red on their service status, but it is unusual that it has not been reported as far as I can see ( except for OSI SAF ).

Regards
Ian.

Paul Gulliver
 

For what it's worth the latest image on the Dundee site is today at 05.00z for
GOES East (I assume GOES16 = GOES East)

Paul


On the Eumetsat site it certainly shows GOES 16 image data as red on
their service status, but it is unusual that it has not been reported as
far as I can see ( except for OSI SAF ).

Regards
Ian.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

On the Eumetsat site it certainly shows GOES 16 image data as red on
their service status, but it is unusual that it has not been reported as
far as I can see ( except for OSI SAF ).

Regards
Ian.
================================

Thanks, Ian. I've now found the page:

https://www.eumetsat.int/ossi/webpages/level2.html?ossi_level2_filename=tpds.html

Previous;y I had found:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/ServiceStatus/index.html

which comes up first in the Google search results. Sigh!

David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

James Brown
 

Me too!!

JB out and about

On 17 Aug 2019, at 16:42, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

On the Eumetsat site it certainly shows GOES 16 image data as red on
their service status, but it is unusual that it has not been reported as
far as I can see ( except for OSI SAF ).

Regards
Ian.
================================

Thanks, Ian. I've now found the page:

https://www.eumetsat.int/ossi/webpages/level2.html?ossi_level2_filename=tpds.html

Previous;y I had found:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/ServiceStatus/index.html

which comes up first in the Google search results. Sigh!

David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv


Douglas Deans
 

On 17/08/2019 18:24, James Brown wrote:
Me too!!
JB out and about

On 17 Aug 2019, at 16:42, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

On the Eumetsat site it certainly shows GOES 16 image data as red on
their service status, but it is unusual that it has not been reported as
far as I can see ( except for OSI SAF ).

Regards
Ian.
================================

Thanks, Ian. I've now found the page:

https://www.eumetsat.int/ossi/webpages/level2.html?ossi_level2_filename=tpds.html

Previous;y I had found:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/ServiceStatus/index.html

which comes up first in the Google search results. Sigh!

David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv
=======================================================================

Looks as if NOAA's PDA (Production Distribution and Access) setup is to blame again :-


Topic:GOES-EAST TIFF product outage on PDA

Date/Time Issued: August 17, 2019 1842Z

Product(s) or Data Impacted: Goes East TIFF Products

Date/Time of Initial Impact:August 17, 2019 0550Z
Date/Time of Expected End:August 17, 2019 1735Z
Length of Event: 11 hours and 45 minutes
Details/Specifics of Change:GOES East TIFF product delivery was interrupted due to a ESPC processing anomaly at about 0550z. The issue was investigated and corrected by ESPC support staff at approximately 1735z. An update will be provided when the details of the investigation are available.

Contact Information for Further Information:ESPC Operations atESPCOperations@... 301-817-3880

Web Site(s) for applicable information:N/A

This message was sent fromESPC.Notification@.... You have been sent this and other notifications because you have opted in to receive it. If for any reason, you wish to unsubscribe, please contact ESPC Help Desk atESPCOperations@... (301) 817-3880. Please note: it may take up to two business days to process your unsubscribe request.

Regards,
Douglas.

Ian Deans
 

Looks like GOES 17 image data has problems now as well.

No data since 18.00 UTC.

Regards
Ian.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

Current state here at 08:53 UTC is:

Last GOES-16 0750 18-Aug-2019
Last GOES-17 0530 18-Aug-2019

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv