Topics

Gibertini OP150S Satellite Dish

diogenes1@...

Hello All,
I currently have this 1.5m dish mounted on a post in my garden (this is not a dish that you could mount on a house wall). After much trial & error over the last couple of years I have come to the conclusion that the dish would need to be mounted higher in order to clear the surrounding hills. For practical reasons I do not want to attempt this. Therefore I am offering it free* to any member who is willing to disassemble it and transport it to their location. You can see the dish in question at this website;
http://www.gibertini.it/index.php/en/antennas-uk/op-150-s
Please take note of the dimensions of the dish for transport purposes.
* In return I would ask this person to take down two small dishes from the side of my bungalow, I have ladders for this purpose.
Regards, Peter, near Alston in Cumbria.

geojohnt@...

Peter,

Just a thought.
Does this mean that you have been unable to receive EUMETCast from Eutelsat 10A?
Or, that you are giving up the hobby?

10A from your location should be about 28 - 29 degrees elevation - are the hills higher than that, or how close?

A 1.5 m dish requires (very) accurate alignment and up a pole isn't easy.

+++++++++++++++++++

I currently have this 1.5m dish mounted on a post in my garden (this is not a dish that you could mount on a house wall). After much trial & error over the last couple of years I have come to the conclusion that the dish would need to be mounted higher in order to clear the surrounding hills. For practical reasons I do not want to attempt this. Therefore I am offering it free* to any member who is willing to disassemble it and transport it to their location. You can see the dish in question at this website;
http://www.gibertini.it/index.php/en/antennas-uk/op-150-s
Please take note of the dimensions of the dish for transport purposes.
* In return I would ask this person to take down two small dishes from the side of my bungalow, I have ladders for this purpose.
Regards, Peter, near Alston in Cumbria.

diogenes1@...

John, I presently use a 1.2m dish for Eumetcast which in its current location works fine.However I had hopes of improving the signal level with the larger dish but its size limits me as to where it can be mounted and I cannot just remove the 1.2 and replace it with the 1.5. When you plan something you think you have all angles covered but it is only in the execution that what you have overlooked is revealed.
Regards, Peter

Feb 29, 2020, 14:57 by geojohnt@...:

Peter,

Just a thought.
Does this mean that you have been unable to receive EUMETCast from Eutelsat 10A?
Or, that you are giving up the hobby?

10A from your location should be about 28 - 29 degrees elevation - are the hills higher than that, or how close?

A 1.5 m dish requires (very) accurate alignment and up a pole isn't easy.

geojohnt@...

Peter,

OK, right, understood.

Mmmm, my 1 m EUMETCast dish is conveniently tucked right into the corner on the patio where it is so easy  to work on, but owing to my neighbours ever growing fir tree 'in front' of the dish, it is now right up against the kitchen wall.
I get a good TP 1 signal with it but keep wondering about moving it S a bit along the kitchen wall but
a) the LNB arm would stick out into the middle of the patio and b) there is always "if it ain't broke, don't
try to fix it".

But sooner or later .....