FY-3D

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

I also just noticed that the entry I posted further down

# FY-3D, MERSI-2 (EARS)
[channel]
name=E1H-RDS-2
target_directory=/opt/E1H-RDS-2

might not be enoug in your case. It assumes some special general settings in the cast-client_hvs-1.ini file.

Can you post the non working entry you made for channel E1H-RDS-2 and an entry of a channel that works for you?
Have you made the entry for E1H-RDS-2 at the very bottom (again this bottom!)  AFTER  a * default channels entry?
In the latter case you will find your files in the default directory. You almost NEVER need a default directory anyway!

Philip Robinson

Ernst
Good Morning
Attached  is a copy of my cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini   file( all channels named and not default )and also a screenshot of the relevant data in EUMETCASTview plus the a view of the logfile for TELLICAST hvs-1 just to show i am receiving other files ok.
I have created manually the target directory for the files D:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E1H-RDS-2
Once again i checked my portal. I have EARS-MERSI ticked in my regional data services, plus the other EARS services.
I am a little puzzled
I am using Windows10

To help with python by the way. I have arriving today a book Beginners Guide to Python., which should give me more needed knowledge.
thanks again
regards
Philip
PS i have also attached a copy of my cast-client_hvs-1.ini ,but i dont think it will be relevant as i have no other problems with receiving hvs-1 data

On 06/01/2022 11:05, Philip Robinson wrote:
Ernst
Good Morning
Attached  is a copy of my cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini   file( all channels
named and not default )and also a screenshot of the relevant data in
EUMETCASTview plus the a view of the logfile for TELLICAST hvs-1 just to show i
am receiving other files ok.
Philip,

Shouldn't "name =" be "name=" - no space?

Philip Robinson

David
I cant thank you enough
Thats what the problem is. I wondered why i wasnt receiving all the data in hvs-1
I had the "name=" correct on only one of the channels E1H-2PG-2. I knew it would be something simple, i never noticed that. I thought i had checked carefully all the target paths but one little error in the config file caused my problem.
Next job to amend the cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini
I am sure it will work now and will be the reason i havent been receiving all my data for other software that requires hvs-1.
I am looking forward later to see if EUMETCastview has the files now.
thanks
Philip

On 06/01/2022 11:05, Philip Robinson wrote:
Ernst
Good Morning
Attached is a copy of my cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini file( all channels
named and not default )and also a screenshot of the relevant data in
EUMETCASTview plus the a view of the logfile for TELLICAST hvs-1 just to show i
am receiving other files ok.
Philip,

Shouldn't "name =" be "name=" - no space?

https://www.avg.com

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

there is more than that. In your cast-client_hvs-1.ini you indicate a tmp_directory that most probably points to C: where your client lives.
In your cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini you use tmp_directories on D: (they must be on the same drive as your received data, D: is OK!)

Then in cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini you also have an entry

[channel]
name =E2H-TPG-1
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=D:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\E2H-TPG-1
tmp_directory=D:\EUMETCast\tmp\hvs-1

which clearly sounds like a channel of hvs-2.

P.S. In cast-client_hvs-1.ini (that you should not publish with your user name and key!) you also have an entry

allow_execute=1

That's the first thing I normally stop. Most Windows users will have it, as they don't read manuals though ...

Philip Robinson

Hi
 Ernst   David
I carried alterations to scripts as you suggested. See attached  screenshots of both files.
I also have shown the tellicast log that showsno problems receiving E1H-TPG-1, E1H-TPG-2 and E1H-TPG-3 channels from hvs-1. but no data being received  from E1H-RDS-2 or E1H-RDS-1
I removed my user name and key just for the attached copy
Any more thoughts

On 06/01/2022 15:48, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
 Ernst   David
I carried alterations to scripts as you suggested. See attached  screenshots of
both files.
I also have shown the tellicast log that showsno problems receiving E1H-TPG-1,
E1H-TPG-2 and E1H-TPG-3 channels from hvs-1. but no data being received  from
E1H-RDS-2 or E1H-RDS-1
I removed my user name and key just for the attached copy
Any more thoughts
regards
Philip
I hope the changes made things better.

Sorry but I don't do text files when presented as images! They also take up
excessive group storage (at least it was .PNG!).

Philip Robinson

Hi David
Sorry about that. I will copy/paste using notepad in future, as i have
now done in this post above.
Unfortunately after carrying out all the alterations suggested by
yourself and Ernst, i still cannot receive( through tellicast) any files
from E1H-RDS-2, or E1H-RDS-1, but as you can see from my latest
tellicast hvs-1 log file , i have no problems receiving other hvs-1
services E1H-TPG-1, E1H-TPG-2, E1H-TPG-3.
I have attached the text files of relevant material
Really puzzled here as i have no problems with receiving other files
from bas and hvs-1
regards
Philip

On 06/01/2022 15:48, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi
Ernst David
I carried alterations to scripts as you suggested. See attached screenshots of
both files.
I also have shown the tellicast log that showsno problems receiving E1H-TPG-1,
E1H-TPG-2 and E1H-TPG-3 channels from hvs-1. but no data being received from
E1H-RDS-2 or E1H-RDS-1
I removed my user name and key just for the attached copy
Any more thoughts
regards
Philip
I hope the changes made things better.

Sorry but I don't do text files when presented as images! They also take up
excessive group storage (at least it was .PNG!).

https://www.avg.com

Douglas Deans

On 06/01/2022 16:41, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi David
Sorry about that. I will copy/paste using notepad in future, as i have
now done in this post above.
Unfortunately after carrying out all the alterations suggested by
yourself and Ernst, i still cannot receive( through tellicast) any files
from E1H-RDS-2,  or E1H-RDS-1, but as you can see from my latest
tellicast hvs-1 log file , i have no problems receiving other hvs-1
services E1H-TPG-1, E1H-TPG-2, E1H-TPG-3.
I have attached the text files of relevant material
Really puzzled here as i have no problems with receiving other files
from bas and hvs-1
regards
Philip

Philip, I have not being following all of this thread but if you only corrected the "name =" be "name=" issue this afternoon both NPP and FY-3D (which is the 2 channels concerned) have done their EARS day passes and will only have a few pole passes (DNB for NPP etc.) in the coming hours. So perhaps things may still be ok now. Check on your tracking program for EARS reception.

Philip Robinson

Hi Douglas

Thanks

I will let everything run another 24 hours and see if I have any incoming data for FY-3D. I hadn,t realised that data was limited to certain times during the day.

Regards

Philip

Sent from Mail for Windows

On 06/01/2022 16:41, Philip Robinson wrote:
> Hi David
> Sorry about that. I will copy/paste using notepad in future, as i have
> now done in this post above.
> Unfortunately after carrying out all the alterations suggested by
> yourself and Ernst, i still cannot receive( through tellicast) any files
> from E1H-RDS-2,  or E1H-RDS-1, but as you can see from my latest
> tellicast hvs-1 log file , i have no problems receiving other hvs-1
> services E1H-TPG-1, E1H-TPG-2, E1H-TPG-3.
> I have attached the text files of relevant material
> Really puzzled here as i have no problems with receiving other files
> from bas and hvs-1
> regards
> Philip

Philip, I have not being following all of this thread but if you only
corrected the "name =" be "name=" issue this afternoon both NPP and
FY-3D (which is the 2 channels concerned) have done their EARS day
passes and will only have a few pole passes (DNB for NPP etc.) in the
coming hours. So perhaps things may still be ok now. Check on your
tracking program for EARS reception.

Philip,

the way you work this will never fly! You have again posted twice your secret login name and key. YES twice because your cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini is in fact the same as cast-client_hvs-1.ini.
The log file you publish has entries from HVS-1 as well as Basic Service like DWDSAT and Channel_1 . NO idea how you manage to do that (your basic client seems to log to the hvs-1 log file).

Then of course it's EARS  that has not always files like Meteosat-11. But there is also timeliness (this is not direct readout). My last FY-3D file came in 17:12 UTC.

Ernst

Philip Robinson

Hi Ernst
I was rushing that last email, having to go out and i sent the wrong ini files. When i get back i will post the correct ones later that i use
regards
Philip